Gainesville Sun Newspaper brings back their sports forum

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So they bring the GSMB back and it looks like a 7th grader spent about 5 minutes making that board. And they basically admit that it will be run by Nazi's. Where do I sign up? Oh wait, I'm already resigned up.

Ironic that this is the ONE time that they keep all our past threads and post counts. :jerkit:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
And it's interesting that they kept all the posts intact.
They know they made a mistake. It would be a mistake to leave here. Too late.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
WillGetIn;n42108 said:
FYI, its not the Suns IT department doing the moderation...

Quote from their Forum Rules thread... http://forum.gatorsports.com/topic/30720-forum-rules/

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************* Moderation:

All moderation will be handled by The Gainesville Sun Sports and Online departments. There is a Site Admin and one Moderator account for multiple people on staff.

For violating the terms of service you will receive a warning. If you have a second violation your account will be suspended for two weeks. After a third violation your account will be banned. Spammers will be banned without warning.

All questions can be emailed to [email protected].
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Soooo, you can have an unlimited number of chuckleheads using the one SiteAdmin and the one Moderator account moderating rather anonymously. Read the rest of the rules. If Ox were a mod there, in just a matter of hours he would pull out what little hair he has left...

Pat and Robbie?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just checked it out. Looks like they hired Kiffen as a consultant. Lot better graphics and layout here, not to mention the company as well. The only reason they did it was that they were bleeding out traffic there. So shame on them. GCMB is where its at.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's actually turning into a pretty good advertisement place for Gatorchatter. It seems like every thread in there has people mentioning GC.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dayum......that's the first time I been able to log into that sire without a sign that comes up and says " A permanent ban has been issued on your IP address".....:whistle:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I see no "invite" to post over there. I'd like to sly-plug Gatorchatter.com over there.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n42462 said:
It's actually turning into a pretty good advertisement place for Gatorchatter. It seems like every thread in there has people mentioning GC.

I will prop GCMB. If the GS wants real change???? Start with Dooley and Andreu.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n42462 said:

I put up the GC site on a post. It was taken down but no warning or ban. EFF 'em.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Their email announcing their reboot ended up leading me here. Funny how that worked out. Ox needs to honor our previous post counts.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
ATXGator;n42462 said:

I put up the GC site on a post. It was taken down but no warning or ban. EFF 'em.
I saw that, but it seems that when we post in the threads the links stay around longer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well, like many others have said, I'm here because of the posters. I hope we all stick together and help this place continue to grow. Ox was kind enough to spend his time and money to put this site together so we could continue to discuss, bicker, piss, moan and commiserate with each other. I think we should all reward him with our loyalty. Long live GCMB!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n42225 said:
There are enough posters and Gator fans to keep both boards afloat. As a consumer, I like having the choice. I will likely read and post to both depending on content and mood and avoiding fake Gator fans.

Be careful with that word.... Ox doesn't like it!

:worried:

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Shaerona said:
Screw them....Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you can f--k off and die.
For the 1st time, I agree with 812!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
The Original DC;n42225 said:
There are enough posters and Gator fans to keep both boards afloat. As a consumer, I like having the choice. I will likely read and post to both depending on content and mood and avoiding fake Gator fans.

Be careful with that word.... Ox doesn't like it!

:worried:
:dance2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator