Gak's a Gator!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gak is 6'-10-11"; 200-205 lbs....he came to Murica' in 2014 for hoops. He played for Bradenton Victory Prep last season and only averaged 10 pts., 5 RB and 1.3 blocks....

He is a noob and skinny as hell....p.r.o.j.e.c.t.
Patric young and Will yuegette both had pretty average numbers in highschool. I'm not saying he's not a project, I'm saying it's not going to take much to make a productive player out of him in a few years. I'm not saying he's the next Alonzo Mourning.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
6'10 and he could only grab 5 freaking boards a game? There should be a lot of questions. Even the biggest pumpers have to wonder...was he injured?

EDIT: And 40% from the FT line. He'll fit right in.
I agree that Gak is a project. It's a good pickup this late in the cycle and we're lucky to get him, thanks to Ford leaving Okie State.
Gak was not the biggest player on his team. His HS team also had a 7'1" Center, Khadim Gueye, that he was likely battling for rebounds against. The link below has Gak and his teammate in the top 100 HS players according to the NBA players association camp roster.
https://www.hardwoodinsiders.com/news_article/show/524415?referrer_id=1595484

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
How many minutes did he play per game? I'd like to see that as well.

Main thing- RIMMER WILL NO LONGER PLAY.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that Gak is a project. It's a good pickup this late in the cycle and we're lucky to get him, thanks to Ford leaving Okie State.
Gak was not the biggest player on his team. His HS team also had a 7'1" Center, Khadim Gueye, that he was likely battling for rebounds against. The link below has Gak and his teammate in the top 100 HS players according to the NBA players association camp roster.
https://www.hardwoodinsiders.com/news_article/show/524415?referrer_id=1595484

I was a little worried clicking a link called "hardwoodinsiders" lol

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's a win-win, actually. He's fortunate to get us late in the cycle, too. If he looked at tape of last year, he knows if he produces he will play plenty.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
6'10 guys don't grow on trees
giphy.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How many minutes did he play per game? I'd like to see that as well.

Main thing- RIMMER WILL NO LONGER PLAY.
You know I think it's a nice pick up but I hate that per 40 mins stat they use so Kentucky players can inflate their stats.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is a Family of Commercials on TV called "The Settlers", I think UF has joined the Family.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Right now Rimmer is probably the better player and Gak is a pretty good candidate to red shirt.

I would be willing to bet that's not true by this next season. Rimmer is the worst player to ever get serious minutes at UF

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would be willing to bet that's not true by this next season. Rimmer is the worst player to ever get serious minutes at UF
BFR was worse.

Gak is going to take some time to develop. With stone coming into the lineup and possibly getting another year for murph2, I think there is a decent chance Gak red shirts as I said previously.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
BFR was worse.

Gak is going to take some time to develop. With stone coming into the lineup and possibly getting another year for murph2, I think there is a decent chance Gak red shirts as I said previously.

BFR sucked last year but he is still the better player with much more upside. If Gak can put on weight I don't see any reason why he couldn't contribute.

Bottom line is I don't want to see Rimmer on the court unless we are up 20+. He is a huge liability on both ends of the court.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gorjok Gak? Sounds like a cat clearing a hairball. Hope he can play.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rimmer is not very good... he is a walk on and there is a reason. He should be a practice squad guy to provide a big body for the contributors to bang on without hurting each other.

I would prefer to see Gak get time to develop in the game vs. Rimmer.

Regarding BFR... he has been in college for 2 years... I'm not sure why people are saying he has upside... he hasn't really shown it other than one game. Other than hitting shots in the WV game... he has looked pretty bad on the court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.