Gak's a Gator!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
65f53861e6d684aec7276dcc887779bf.jpg
:lol: I almost posted that exact picture but without the added name.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Rimmer is not very good... he is a walk on and there is a reason. He should be a practice squad guy to provide a big body for the contributors to bang on without hurting each other.

I would prefer to see Gak get time to develop in the game vs. Rimmer.

Regarding BFR... he has been in college for 2 years... I'm not sure why people are saying he has upside... he hasn't really shown it other than one game. Other than hitting shots in the WV game... he has looked pretty bad on the court.

BFR has only played one year though. He is a talented player, time will tell if it translates to games. He could be a good one or could be the next Werner.

Agree on the rest

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
There is a Family of Commercials on TV called "The Settlers", I think UF has joined the Family.

The "settler" commercials are among the stupidest things on TV that includes lots of stupid things. The settlers in fact were non settlers in the sense of that commercial apparently written by and aimed at the illiterate. These settlers dared to leave where they lived, to take on tough challenges and build Florida, California etc. They dared to take on nature. They dared to build new things. THEY DID NOT SETTLE for things, they went out and settled new areas and risked what they had to try to better their lives.

So I hope UF has joined settlers. I hope White settles in at UF and builds his own program. I hope Gak settles in at UF and builds on his potential and becomes as good a college player as he can. I hope that that is true of every player White recruits. I guess you anti-settlers favor the rebuilding every year model where many of your non-settling players head to the D-league each year.

And as I posted above, 2016 was always going to be a tough recruiting year for a new staff. 2017 has started with two commits ranked right where Donovan got most of his signees right among the mid top 100. We still want to see White get in on some top 20 guys particularly those in state with state ties. But a 2017 class with the composite 49th player in Shai Alexander and the composite 58th player in DeAundrae Ballard

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Is NOT SETTLING.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BFR has only played one year though. He is a talented player, time will tell if it translates to games. He could be a good one or could be the next Werner.

Agree on the rest

BFR can't even hit the rim to reset the clock.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly don't think bfr has the work ethic. He looked fat and out of shape. He damn sure didn't look like somebody who'd been putting much work on his game. I hope he transfers because his spot can be filled by someone better in 17.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Agree on the rest

He has played one year and had a redshirt year. You mention he is a talented player... based on what? His high school highlights? We really can't say he is "talented" until he consistently contributes in games. I hope he does, but I haven't seen anything to give me the impression that he will turn it around.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He has played one year and had a redshirt year. You mention he is a talented player... based on what? His high school highlights? We really can't say he is "talented" until he consistently contributes in games. I hope he does, but I haven't seen anything to give me the impression that he will turn it around.

He beat Lee Humphrey in a 3 pt shooting contest, that alone tells me he can shoot. Again, whether it translates to games is another story

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He beat Lee Humphrey in a 3 pt shooting contest, that alone tells me he can shoot. Again, whether it translates to games is another story
Him winning a 3 point contest with about 500 people in the stands tells you he has talent? You should see me at dave and busters.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The most obvious signal that Francis-Ramirez has shooting talent is that his coach lets him shoot as much as he does. You don't give a green light to a guy missing in practice all the time.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The most obvious signal that Francis-Ramirez has shooting talent is that his coach lets him shoot as much as he does. You don't give a green light to a guy missing in practice all the time.
What signal should we take from the fact that the coach didn't play him in the conference tournament or the NIT?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
e tells me he can shoot. A

Shooting in a 3 point contest is a lot different than shooting off the dribble or a pass with a defender in your face. Yes.. there is talent if he beat Humphrey, but is it game talent or just the skill of being able to hit 3 pointers in a contest?

I really hope he comes out next year and tears it up. I'd love nothing more than to see this kid succeed and be a superstar. I just have watched him play for one year and haven't seen anything outside of one game that makes it look like that will transfer. I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't put money on this kid being a major contributor in the future.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What signal should we take from the fact that the coach didn't play him in the conference tournament or the NIT?

That White understands the need to shorten his bench late in the year. Talent can get you minutes only so long and then no production means bench time.

It is also why we are having this discussion and have had it. Francis-Ramirez is clearly a candidate to transfer or if he is in a position to give UF one more year and become a graduate transfer since he has already lost one year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Shooting in a 3 point contest is a lot different than shooting off the dribble or a pass with a defender in your face. Yes.. there is talent if he beat Humphrey, but is it game talent or just the skill of being able to hit 3 pointers in a contest?

I really hope he comes out next year and tears it up. I'd love nothing more than to see this kid succeed and be a superstar. I just have watched him play for one year and haven't seen anything outside of one game that makes it look like that will transfer. I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't put money on this kid being a major contributor in the future.

Oh I'm not putting money on it either haha. Hope he turns it around next year, another bad year like the one he had this year and I imagine he will be politely asked to transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator