Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Possible spoiler.....Google gendry's mother.....its right in plain sight

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know about you guys but I've got Sansa as the throne-sitter at the end of it all. It would complete her character arc from starting out as a vapid young girl with childish dreams of being a fairy-tale princess.

She’s probably my favorite character now.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I haven't read the leaks. Reddit is taking them down quickly but leaving reactions to the posts. Sunday night is going to be shytshow.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't read the leaks. Reddit is taking them down quickly but leaving reactions to the posts. Sunday night is going to be shytshow.

Wife read the leaks for Episode five said it was dead on, down to how everyone died at what point of the episode etc... the leaker was one of the people whose job it was to translated the show into Spanish for HBO/Showrunners.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think my biggest problem with last night is Dany strafing the city (in a zig zag fashion, no less) and killing all the innocents when she had Cersie in her sights. I know they were building for her to go mad but I'm not buying it.
<sigh> They went full Star Wars TLJ.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think my biggest problem with last night is Dany strafing the city (in a zig zag fashion, no less) and killing all the innocents when she had Cersie in her sights. I know they were building for her to go mad but I'm not buying it.
<sigh> They went full Star Wars TLJ.

Last nights episode in regards to Dany and Grey Worm makes absolutely no sense. They both were completely out of character.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Also I’m confused at her motivation.
A) Pissed because Cersie killed Misande. Which is how they played it. That she was just angry.
B) She went crazy, which they showed no descent into madness.

So we are to believe that because she was angry, even though the battle was won, she killed a city full of innocent people despite the fact that she’s been protecting the innocent for 7 seasons.

I think GRRM told D&D that Dany eventual goes mad and they very poorly wrote it just to get done.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
More nits:
Why didn't they just kill Tormund at the Battle of Winterfell? He did nothing the next day except go home (with Ghost - SMH). He should have died in the fight.
Same with Brienn- After she was Knighted her arc was done. She should have died in the battle. The stupid Jamie/Brienn sex scene was stoopid. Just have Brienn die in Jamie's arms and then he goes back to Cersie because his only reason for being good was for Brienn. W/o her he had no reason to stay. I hated it.
Also, after Winterfell the North's army was decimated. They had maybe 10k to Cersie's 50k. Yet last night they acted like Cersie had absolutely no chance of winning. WTF. We saw a dragon easily taken out by a balista.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Also I’m confused at her motivation.
A) Pissed because Cersie killed Misande. Which is how they played it. That she was just angry.
B) She went crazy, which they showed no descent into madness.

So we are to believe that because she was angry, even though the battle was won, she killed a city full of innocent people despite the fact that she’s been protecting the innocent for 7 seasons.

I think GRRM told D&D that Dany eventual goes mad and they very poorly wrote it just to get done.

I think it's built-up rage at everything that's happened to her recently.

She has a destiny complex (which they've covered well); but when she gets to Westeros: no one trusts her and no one seems to like her. The North openly wants Jon to be King (which his family is encouraging); and the South mostly sides with a ruthless biatch like Cersei against her. This..after she put everything on the line for the people to fight the Night King. When she was liberating the East, she was greeted like a hero after saving the day; but here, she's a foreigner and without some of her closest friends in Jorah and Missandei.

Everyone of power in Westeros seems to be acting against her (Varys openly plots to undercut her rule; Tyrion keeps effing up; Jon is loyal, but doesn't want to be with her and acted against her wishes in telling his family, etc.) She knows fear works and has always had an authoritarian streak in her...absent any checks on her power (her closet friends are gone and she doesn't trust any of the remaining advisors)...well, this is the result.

It's honestly not all that surprising: she's always sought power/dominance and subjugating those who get in her way.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Also, after Winterfell the North's army was decimated. They had maybe 10k to Cersie's 50k. Yet last night they acted like Cersie had absolutely no chance of winning. WTF. We saw a dragon easily taken out by a balista.

Just SO MUCH that doesn't add up or with extremely lazy writing.

At the end of the Battle of Winterfell, how many people did they have left? The Dothraki were largely eliminated with only a handful of stragglers left alive...yet last night, there were dozens?! Same with the Unsullied: only a few companies looked to have survived the battle...yet yesterday, it looked like they were close to equal with Cersei's forces?!

Also: why the F would an elite unit (the golden company) that's numerically larger than it's opponent 1) sit around and wait to be destroyed by a marauding dragon? 2) not take the fight to the enemy? I mean, dammit: even the Al Qaeda terrorist types in Afghanistan know to get in as close as possible to us (even if they were outnumbered) because they had a better chance of fighting us up close than they did if we could bring in CAS and destroy them from a distance. It's not rocket science.

Also, how in the hell did Jon and the remaining Unsullied *sail* to the outskirts of King's Landing when the Iron Fleet controlled the waters outside it?

One thing I've always appreciated about this show was the strategy. There were minor flaws and mistakes, sure, but nothing this glaringly lazy or poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.