Game Reset: Re-ranking the top 5 coaches

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer’s gone (at least for now), Kirby’s brand is officially in the trash, Petersen just got axed and even Little Nicky is showing signs of wear.

Where I’m really going with this is Mullen. Does he belong in the discussion?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’ll have to leapfrog Jimbo if you lend any credence to “media” attempts at ranking them. Fisher lands in many of the top 5s.

Interestingly enough, Leach keeps coming up at #6.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Meyer’s gone (at least for now), Kirby’s brand is officially in the trash, Petersen just got axed and even Little Nicky is showing signs of wear.

Where I’m really going with this is Mullen. Does he belong in the discussion?
Why don’t you provide your top 5 to kickstart the conversation?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’ll have to leapfrog Jimbo if you lend any credence to “media” attempts at ranking them. Fisher lands in many of the top 5s.

Interestingly enough, Leach keeps coming up at #6.
Do you have some sort of a link to share with us or are pulling this out of your butt?

Also, Petersen didn't get axed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Should pay attention to theTop 10 HCs.??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
78 sitting around frothing and getting lathered.

he's 100% in on moral victories and has declared us the SEC life champions for this year. he has no doubt completely moistened not just his panties but his upholstery too.

that's where he's going with this.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

1) Dabo
2) Saban
3) Riley
4) Franklin
5) Mullen

I’m not sure whether yet to bite at Day. He’s a terrific playcaller. Is he all the other things you need to be? Too early.

Fire away.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
78 sitting around frothing and getting lathered.

he's 100% in on moral victories and has declared us the SEC life champions for this year. he has no doubt completely moistened not just his panties but his upholstery too.

that's where he's going with this.

:facepalm:

You get away with mouthing off too often. Put your cursor where your yap is and give us a list.

Pussy.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
1) Dabo
2) Saban
3) Riley
4) Franklin
5) Mullen

I’m not sure whether yet to bite at Day. He’s a terrific playcaller. Is he all the other things you need to be? Too early.

Fire away.

I'll entertain it when Mullen wins his fvvking division once in his 11 years as a head coach.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The statistical argument.
It's a given that the SEC is the best conference in football.
There are three SEC coaches that are better than the average at not only winning games they should but also winning games they shouldn't: Saban, Mullen and Stoops. Stoops doesn't have that many games to go by and is one loss from being out of that group. That leaves Saban and Mullen.
Mullen #2.PNG

Mullen didn't have the talent advantage much at MSU. But his wins against teams he should beat is 20/23. Consider that 2 of those losses were in his first year at UF (KY and Mizzoo).

Mullen wins when he should and even when he shouldn't. Better than anyone else other than Saban. Also consider that Saban's talent is much, much better than the competition.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you have some sort of a link to share with us or are pulling this out of your butt?

Also, Petersen didn't get axed.

Assuming you reside on the planet Earth, it’s pretty easy to bypass the anus and come up with names.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Dan hasn't done anything to merit Top 5 consideration just yet. He's had a good start for us and I'm encouraged by the recent recruiting upswing, but he's got to start putting some hardware in the trophy case before he can be considered top 5.

There are 5 active coaches who have won it all.
- Saban
- Dabo
- Jimbo
- Mack
- Grass eater

Here's a list of some of the active coaches that have won a Power 5 conference
- Ryan Day
- Mark Dantonio
- James Franklin
- Lincoln Riley
- Gary Patterson
- Mike Gundy
- David Shaw
- Mario Cristobal
There are few others I chose not to list (two of which played in Atlanta yesterday).

Point is, while Dan is on the upswing, he needs to win something to get into this discussion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1) Dabo
2) Saban
3) Riley
4) Franklin
Lol. Uh huh.

At a minimum he is (far) behind Ogeron, Malzahn and Shart. He was a 500 guy w Freeze, Burp and that hick Ole Miss just canned. Edit Matt Luke.

You don't get extra credit for being the second worst recruiter in Gator history and being "supposed to lose" bc your roster sucks.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol. Uh huh.

At a minimum he is (far) behind Ogeron, Malzahn and Shart. He was a 500 guy w Freeze, Burp and that hick Ole Miss just canned.

You don't get extra credit for being the second worst recruiter in Gator history.

Orgeron? :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dan hasn't done anything to merit Top 5 consideration just yet. He's had a good start for us and I'm encouraged by the recent recruiting upswing, but he's got to start putting some hardware in the trophy case before he can be considered top 5.

There are 5 active coaches who have won it all.
- Saban
- Dabo
- Jimbo
- Mack
- Grass eater

Here's a list of some of the active coaches that have won a Power 5 conference
- Ryan Day
- Mark Dantonio
- James Franklin
- Lincoln Riley
- Gary Patterson
- Mike Gundy
- David Shaw
- Mario Cristobal
There are few others I chose not to list (two of which played in Atlanta yesterday).

Point is, while Dan is on the upswing, he needs to win something to get into this discussion.

So from among the second list, who (besides Riley and Franklin) deserves mention over Mullen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator