Gameday Rituals or Superstitions

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who has them and what are they?
I tend to pick a shirt and hat from my collection (or buy a new one) prior to the first game of the season and stick with it throughout. I also text back and forth with my Gator lovin dad throughout the game. Sort of a private "chat box".
That being said I made a change with about ten minutes left in the Vol game. I had been texting with pop and also chatting it up in the chat box down below when I suddenly had to just quit it all. I jumped up, grabbed a different hat, closed the laptop, put down the iPhone, and changed seats from my chair and moved to the couch. The rest as they say is history! We scored shortly after and haven't looked back since. I am sticking with the hat and staying out of the chat box for the foreseeable future.
Of course we all know it's unreasonable to think that anything we do or wear during a game has anything to do with the outcome. But I like to think of it like the butterfly affect.
How about you?

Attachments

• conv_4899.png
    conv_4899.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 33

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All of my rituals were crushed by WM. That said, I've worn the same old t-shirt every game this year. It's white with "Florida" written in blue. It'll be on tonight, as well.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always put my flag out on the front of the house the minute I wake up. I always wear my Gator Boxers, they are in the dryer now. I try to wear a color shirt that's the same as the uniforms. Anyone know our unis today?

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have a Gator helmet that I got while my mom worked for the Bull Gators. It's been signed by many players from the mid '90s. Danny, Chris D, Hanks and a few others. The last signature is on the front and it's the largest signature from one Mr. E. Smith when he returned to Gainesville to graduate. If I'm not at the game, that helmet goes with me to wherever I watch and it is tradition that everyone at the viewing party touches it just before kick off for luck.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I look for the game on guide and set DVR for record. I always choose to add the 30 minute extension.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wake up and take a sh** naked. No clothing on whatsoever. Then I walk to the fridge in the garage and grab a beer that I consume with ease. Then I wipe and go get dressed for the day.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n294687 said:
I have a Gator helmet that I got while my mom worked for the Bull Gators. It's been signed by many players from the mid '90s. Danny, Chris D, Hanks and a few others. The last signature is on the front and it's the largest signature from one Mr. E. Smith when he returned to Gainesville to graduate. If I'm not at the game, that helmet goes with me to wherever I watch and it is tradition that everyone at the viewing party touches it just before kick off for luck.

That's pretty awesome!

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n294678 said:
As long as we are winning, I don't change my underwear.

I Knew there would be at least one post like this. NTTAWWT

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n294687 said:

Is that the only thing that gets touched before kickoff?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n294687 said:

Was it really signed by Danny or was it actually signed by Swampy?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n294684 said:
I always put my flag out on the front of the house the minute I wake up. I always wear my Gator Boxers, they are in the dryer now. I try to wear a color shirt that's the same as the uniforms. Anyone know our unis today?

According the the game thread...all white.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I got nothin, every weekend is something different. Maybe I'll start something like this to pass on to the kids.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n294716 said:
According the the game thread...all white.

Damn, I hate wearing all white. My white shorts are so see-threw.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I have my big blow up gator going all week. If we keep winning it stays up. Added a big jack o lantern beside it last nite. Always wearing my gator stuff. Need to get my gator shorts on too.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n294739 said:
Really sucks when you poop your pants.

Exactly, and that happens far too often. I hate the sharts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator