Gator from the 70s

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My buddy called last night and was eating supper with Yancy Sutton. Turns out his wife goes to the same church group with my friend so he came to a dinner where my buddy met and talked to him. I made Yancy's Student ID when he came to UF. I worked making IDs each semester for the years I went to school. My friend got a pic with him but Yancy said not to post it on any kind of media. Anyone remember Yancy. He was from Tallahassee and he was deaf. Played LB for Dickey and Pell

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Old Tallahassee family.....fine linebacker...owns a landscape maintenance company in Tally...beautiful sister named Lu.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was young but I remember him well.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=I35QAAAAIBAJ&sjid=4VgDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6110,2708335

PE -- Here's a link to an interesting newspaper article on Yancey Sutton from Nov. 25, 1978 St. Petersburg Evening Independent that you might like. You probably remember back when people read newspapers and a city of any size had both a morning paper and a competing evening paper. Before the age of computers and internet we used to subscribe to four newspapers. A lot of times the evening paper would break a story that the morning paper did not have because it was printed too early to get the breaking news.

The article mentions the quarterback tandem of Wally Woodham and Jimmy Jordan at FSU, former friends and high school teammates of Sutton's from Tallahassee. Those were good guys and tough competitors. As time has gone by I really hate FSU more and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.