Gator Hoops adds some firepower

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Great comeback. I love the personal insults. I comment about a player and your best comeback is to insult me? Calling me a retard? Pathetic. Sad that's the best you got.

:alone:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Leon produced about 114.4 points per 100 possessions used against UF's competition last year. Barry produced about 103.3 points per 100 possessions used against College of Charleston's competition in his 13 games last year and that was his best season. So yes, I think it is very possible that with the same number of possessions used, Leon would have produced more points at College of Charleston last season.

I do agree that the past few seasons UF with many talented players has lacked a scorer who wants the shot in the tough moments. This coming season I think that scorer may be Egbunu or Robinson, but I agree Barry or Allen could get in the mix on that.
I don't care for the per possession stat. It doesn't tell the whole story. One player averages 5 and the other averages 20 so I would hope hope Leon was more efficient at getting 5 points a game.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I don't care for the per possession stat. It doesn't tell the whole story. One player averages 5 and the other averages 20 so I would hope hope Leon was more efficient at getting 5 points a game.

That is why I said that I would not be surprised if Leon would have scored more against the CofC competition than Barry. It is not assured, but I think I would lean toward the guy scoring 11 more points per 100 possessions against harder competition.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That is why I said that I would not be surprised if Leon would have scored more against the CofC competition than Barry. It is not assured, but I think I would lean toward the guy scoring 11 more points per 100 possessions against harder competition.
Well Barry did score 19 and 20 against LSU and Miami. I know it's a small sample size but it's all we have.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. Let me know when you actually come back with real response besides call someone a retard.

Pretty pathetic.
I'm sorry, calling a retard a retard isn't very nice. I love you and I think you're very special.:therethere:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Aren't the points per possession the number of points the team scores per possession when the player is on the floor?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
White not done yet...

GatorsCenter ‏@GatorsSC
Virginia Tech transfer Jalen Hudson will choose Florida or Texas. Hudson is one of the top transfers this offseason.
He's a tall shooting guard, but his shooting % from 3 and the FT line are not that great. Maybe he's a good defender.
http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Hudson-24810

We do have one more scholarship available, so if we can fill it with an experienced guy who can help provide a little offense and be a key defensive player, then I'm okay with that. Though I'd rather have a taller swing-man type player to fill in for DRob in case he doesn't fully recover in time for the season. Our OOC schedule is going to be brutal this year with no home games, so I think picking up experienced players is a bonus.
With Hill and Leon being a seniors and the possibility that Eqbunu, DRob and Allen opting for the NBA (and a possible transfer), we may need a recruiting class of 5 or 6 next season. Coach White needs to start getting some bigs interested in being a Gator to go along with the 2 guards currently committed for 2017.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's a tall shooting guard, but his shooting % from 3 and the FT line are not that great. Maybe he's a good defender.
http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Hudson-24810

We do have one more scholarship available, so if we can fill it with an experienced guy who can help provide a little offense and be a key defensive player, then I'm okay with that. Though I'd rather have a taller swing-man type player to fill in for DRob in case he doesn't fully recover in time for the season. Our OOC schedule is going to be brutal this year with no home games, so I think picking up experienced players is a bonus.
With Hill and Leon being a seniors and the possibility that Eqbunu, DRob and Allen opting for the NBA (and a possible transfer), we may need a recruiting class of 5 or 6 next season. Coach White needs to start getting some bigs interested in being a Gator to go along with the 2 guards currently committed for 2017.

I'd be surprised if Egbunu goes to the NBA or transfers. He has a lot of work to do from a skill perspective and unless he makes a huge jump, I don't think it is the right move. DRob I could see and Allen if he has a great year might do it.

I don't think White was going to get a grad transfer big man because of Egbunu, Hayes and Gak. A grad transfer would probably allow a redshirt of Gak to gain strength, but be behind Egbunu and Hayes.

I do agree he needs some in the next recruiting class. That is going to be key.

I think Hudson was 34% from 3 last year which was an improvement over the first year. If he could improve to 38% that would be great. His FT shooting last year was 67% so it definitely needs some work.

He is considered one of the top transfers left so it says a lot that he is considering us.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is he eligible to play next season?

I don't think so. He isn't a grad transfer, he is a sophomore so he would red shirt next year while sitting out and be avail in 2017.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, but he can really help with depth. Hill will be gone and Allen possibly depending on how he does next year. Barry will be gone also, so it would be a great pickup to add some experienced depth.
Agreed. White also seems to be attracted to the taller guards vs. the Hill's and Chorizo's. I like that, especially for the defense.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
In general, I don't have high expectations for undergrad transfers. The usual reason for leaving is "not getting enough PT" at the old school, and you'd hope we're never so devoid of talent that newcomers would win starting positions by default. OTOH, somebody with some college training and video (and grades from the classroom) is probably less of a gamble than a high-schooler. And the transfer's role in year one is crystal clear to everyone: bust your butt in practice and get no actual PT.

DFS was a most pleasant exception to this generality.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Beating out Shaka ain't no joke.

brad-pitt.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics