Gator Softball - Regionals Victory

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Talk about bad base running. Gators on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Castro hits a dribbler down the third base line which catches the runner at 3rd in a run down. She gets tagged out returning to third and then the girl from second gets tagged out returning to second. Double play, inning over.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n224392 said:
In the olden days, I used to send Cease and Desists for this.

Ox has gotten soft.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Funky Cold Medina putting the nail in the coffin for UK. Gators win 1-0. Going back to Oklahoma City.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Back to OKC to defend their title! 5 games in the regional and super regional without allowing a run!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Some great defense shown in this game. It would have been nice to score some more but one run is enough.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n226862 said:
Some great defense shown in this game. It would have been nice to score some more but one run is enough.

Agree...Go Gators!

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n226825 said:

Ox has gotten soft.

I was talking about the decathalon event. In case there was any confusion.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n226825 said:

Ox has gotten soft.
Yes, but didn't you notice he spelled it "Discus" to avoid infringement? Very clever, and nothing I can do about it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all do realize I've trademarked "discurse" ?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n227160 said:
Y'all do realize I've trademarked "discurse" ?

As have someone done Bloviate!!! I use it with permission, or at least presumed permission. Simple!!!

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Pitching has been awesome..except for that last game in the Supers against Kentucky, which I agree with coach could have had three errors in the game instead of one..the defense has been just as good. Offense has been lacking a bit, but you don't expect offensive explosions in the postseason, especially against the solid pitching we've been facing. Even lowly (if you want to call them that) FAU had a top 15 ERA in the Country..it happens against great pitching.

I can't decide if I'm more or less worried about Tennessee in the first game of the WCWS because we lost to them. In a way I think it's good we lost to them, because there is that revenge factor..and we only played them once, anyway!

Go Gators!

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I love about this team besides the USUALLY stellar pitching and defense..which definitely wins games in the postseason more than offense...is the fact that our offense is multidimensional..we can win with the long ball if need be with the power of players like LH and BC, or we can win with small ball with players like Stewart or DeWitt or even the speedy Merritt with her great base running and the fact she often stands in there and isn't afraid to get plunked by a pitch if need be. If we aren't launching long balls, we can still win games in multiple fashions, which is a great thing. Most teams are either home run hitting clubs or play mostly small ball..and we can do both..sometimes even in the same game. One player who has really come into her own this year and that is really helping make our lineup even that much better is slapper Justine McLean. She has pretty much no power, which is kinda rare, even for a slapper, but her average is very solid and she has plenty of speed. Hitting in that 9 hole, if she can stay on top of her game, it will really turn the lineup over and allow our elite hitters in the first few spots in the lineup to get even more AB's.

Exciting times for this softball club as they go for the repeat.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lauren Haeger was just named National Player of the Year. :chomp:

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n227436 said:
Lauren Haeger was just named National Player of the Year. :chomp:

I saw that.

Very excited for her..and she should have won.

You had a great hitter in Romero, a great pitcher in Hawkins, and then a great pitcher and very, very good hitter in Haeger..she combines being a double threat in the pitchers circle and at the plate about as well as any college athlete ever has, and the numbers back that up.

Congrats, Lauren!

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n224501 said:
r.

Compare that to Florida:

UF - 53-6 regular season. Went 18-5 in the SEC.

Just to point out that the Gators have no losses outside the SEC. Five losses in regular season and the sixth loss was to Tennessee in the SEC Tournament.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Five out of the eight teams are fromt the SEC. Pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator