Gators a Finalist for Grad Transfer Guard

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So we are scraping the bottom of the barrel in football, too?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
So how many can we actually take? Lose DFS, Walker transfers, lose Murphy. That's three. We have 2 coming in. That leaves Gak, Lil Greek Freak, and Barry as a transfer? Maybe Barry doesn't take a scholarship?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Rodney Pryor has committed to Georgetown. Not too worried about this one, didn't think he was a great shooter like we need. Hopefully we can land 2 of Gak, Greek Freak's lil bro and Barry.

Well Pryor had one season of shooting 40% from the arc, but two seasons one in JUCO and last year shooting less than 30% from the arc, though he played little that first year in JUCO. Also missed 2 complete seasons as a JUCO and was hurt some last season. So I wonder if he is just too injury prone. However Barry has never had a season above or below shooting in the mid 30% from the arc. So he has not shown to be a knock down shooter either. So I am not sure yet that we have seen the graduate transfer guard UF needs yet.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So how many can we actually take? Lose DFS, Walker transfers, lose Murphy. That's three. We have 2 coming in. That leaves Gak, Lil Greek Freak, and Barry as a transfer? Maybe Barry doesn't take a scholarship?

If Murphy does not get an extra year, UF can take 2 more of this fall without any further attrition.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That is a lot of weight to gain in a year. Are we going to find out that he flunked a drug test for PED's this fall?

I couldn't resist.

Depends what he came in at. The reports had him anywhere from 215 to 230. 20 pounds is doable. 35? He must have been friends with Grier.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well Pryor had one season of shooting 40% from the arc, but two seasons one in JUCO and last year shooting less than 30% from the arc, though he played little that first year in JUCO. Also missed 2 complete seasons as a JUCO and was hurt some last season. So I wonder if he is just too injury prone. However Barry has never had a season above or below shooting in the mid 30% from the arc. So he has not shown to be a knock down shooter either. So I am not sure yet that we have seen the graduate transfer guard UF needs yet.
I agree. Idk If we would take Barry if we wouldn't take Pryor.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, unless the coaches see something we don't. Maybe the allure of an 85% FT shooter?

…. and a player who averaged 18 pts/game ?… comes here and averages 12 ?
heck, all he has to do is drive to get fouled. Plus, he has a high BB IQ ? A player like
Barry can score 10 its just in FTs. Besides Canyon is a grate first name.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I agree. Idk If we would take Barry if we wouldn't take Pryor.

Particularly if Murphy is not getting his 6th year and UF is only taking one graduate transfer, then I see UF needing a graduate transfer PF rather than a SG.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Just waiting around for some news to break....

@LeeForThree what's the latest?
I haven't heard much, but Gak is visiting today and tomorrow I think. We should probably know more by this weekend after he takes his last visit. I think we get him and then Barry is waiting to make sure we have a scholarship available. That's kind of a guess though, but it does fit some of what I have seen.

Edit: Just looked it up...Gak finished his visit yesterday and started his last visit today. Could here something from him soon. Last I saw it's between us and Oklahoma St (even though that's where he was committed)

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I would think scholarship space wouldn't be a concern for Barry.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I haven't heard much, but Gak is visiting today and tomorrow I think. We should probably know more by this weekend after he takes his last visit. I think we get him and then Barry is waiting to make sure we have a scholarship available. That's kind of a guess though, but it does fit some of what I have seen.

Edit: Just looked it up...Gak finished his visit yesterday and started his last visit today. Could here something from him soon. Last I saw it's between us and Oklahoma St (even though that's where he was committed)

Nope, Gak tweeted this the below. So it is UF and ASU where he is now visiting.

Gorjok Gak ‏@Gorjok12 Apr 11
Final Two!
1f914.png

CfwNspEUEAA5DKF.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.