Gator Basketball Gators beat Vandy, 71-55

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is on the road tonight to take on Vanderbilt tonight at 9 PM EST on SECN. Mike White has never won at Vanderbilt, so this is an uphill battle from the start. This might be Vanderbilt's best chance for an SEC win this season. We have to come out and play on fire

Go Gators!!!!!!!!!!!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This game has me nervous only because we rarely win there.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Huge game for the Gators. If they win tonight and Saturday against Georgia, their chances of getting in the tournament are pretty good. Lose either of those games and they'll need to beat LSU or Kentucky and then win a game in the SEC tourney IMO.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Possibly these guys (White included) see that it's "backs against the wall" time.?
Need Nembhard to have a solid game, passing & scoring. Be great if Locke is feeling good.
Another time for K.Johnson to shine. Got to be aggressive at getting high % shots inside the arc.
And bother the hell out of them with stifling defense. Go Gators, reward yourselves with March Madness.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we can contain Nesmith from going off like he did last game, we might just win one in music city.

Last edited:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Depends on which Gator team shows up. This is the most difficult Gator basketball to read that I can remember. I can't think of a scenario that would shock me.
All that being said Gators win big tonight!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Huge game for the Gators. If they win tonight and Saturday against Georgia, their chances of getting in the tournament are pretty good. Lose either of those games and they'll need to beat LSU or Kentucky and then win a game in the SEC tourney IMO.
If we win tonight and Saturday against UGA, we're basically guaranteed a spot in the tourney.

Last edited:

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
If we win tonight and Saturday against UGA, we're basically guaranteed a spot in the tourney.
I wouldn't go that far because there are so many automatic qualifiers that aren't in the RPI/NET/SOS Top 40 and it only takes a few upsets in conference tournaments to push out some of those "Final 4 in" types. Just win baby.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't go that far because there are so many automatic qualifiers that aren't in the RPI/NET/SOS Top 40 and it only takes a few upsets in conference tournaments to push out some of those "Final 4 in" types. Just win baby.
We’re currently projected as a 9 seed. That’s not a slam dunk, but we’re comfortably in right now. 18 wins minimum and a winning record in a 7-8 bid league would do it. And losing to LSU and UK wouldn’t hurt us at all.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Great to see Stokes getting some action. We're so much better with a big down low setting screens, grabbing rebounds, and finish around the rim. Man, we haven't had a decent inside scorer since Patrick Young. And even he wasn't that great of a scorer. also Love what Kevonte Johnson is bringing to the table. What an athlete. This team plays hard. They hopefully make the tournament and keep our streak alive.

misty17grad

Sep 29, 2018
We need to win this one! Vandy is a hot mess, but we are terrible in that screwed up place.

I think we play good enough for a rare roadie in their place.

Go Gators!!!

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Vandy is always tough up there. These Gators should certainly know that they can't take anyone lightly. I think they will play hard from the beginning and win by eight points or better! GO GATORS

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Your mom is guaranteed a spot in my tourney
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.