Gator Basketball Gators beat Vandy, 71-55

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The Gators beat an 0-14 Sec team. Many here act like we played a March Madness team.

Saturday night the Gators play a 1-14 SEC team. Let's please act like we've been here before and not rush the field.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
The Gators beat an 0-14 Sec team. Many here act like we played a March Madness team.

Saturday night the Gators play a 1-14 SEC team. Let's please act like we've been here before and not rush the field.
Don't worry, I'm pretty confident we won't rush the the field if we beat the dwags. I doubt we rush the court, either.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Who’s touting the vandy win as a big deal??? They’ve had our number lately, and we’re happy to see a competent game, but nobody’s rushing the field or tearing down the goalposts. Lighten up, Francis!

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Who’s touting the vandy win as a big deal??? They’ve had our number lately, and we’re happy to see a competent game, but nobody’s rushing the field or tearing down the goalposts. Lighten up, Francis!

Exactly. I’m seeing most of the happiness as the Gators beating Vandy giving us a legit Dance shot.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. I’m seeing most of the happiness as the Gators beating Vandy giving us a legit Dance shot.

Exactly, exactly. UF beat Vandy at their place - a team that usually twists us Gator-fans into knots. And we made our Big Dance invite more assured. Still, I believe most here are still nervous about this team back-sliding against some of our future foes.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Right the issue was not Vandy or really even being on the road, but a UF team that has shown it can win or lose any game at any location.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I like Ballard. He’ll never be a star but I like him as a role player on a good team. Definitely could contribute as an upperclassman.

White’s team is coming together. I think there was some passive agressive resistance earlier in the year. I’m seeing a lot more buy-in. Hayes calling a players only team meeting also helped and solidified his role as our best leader.

19-12 or 20-11 would be a solid finish to an erratic beginning. Hitting tourney time with mojo. Solid coaching job down the stretch.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

I'm not wasting my time quoting the posts on this thread touting. You can read. Go back for yourself. Obviously, it was false bravado, given the outcome of tonight's game.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Exactly, exactly. UF beat Vandy at their place - a team that usually twists us Gator-fans into knots. And we made our Big Dance invite more assured. Still, I believe most here are still nervous about this team back-sliding against some of our future foes.

Not nervous at all......

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
haters gonna hate especially after ending a five game winning streak (or is that whining? ) Glad the vindication finally arrived.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm not wasting my time quoting the posts on this thread touting. You can read. Go back for yourself. Obviously, it was false bravado, given the outcome of tonight's game.

But I see you were willing to track down some folks to say “I told you so.” Well played, you’re a real winner.

I don’t recall any outlandish pumping, but there was optimism. I’m glad the loss has put you in such a great mood. Enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.