Gator Basketball Gators blow 18 point lead to Kentucky, lose at home

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Had to watch it on DVR delay. Wow, that was just fuking brutal. Definitely like watching a slow motion train wreck. You knew exactly what was coming but just impossible to look away, right down to the final bounce off the rim on Nembs last shot. Almost like it had to kick you in the balls one last time because just a simple total collapse where we lead 59 minutes and 50 seconds wasn’t bad enough. No, needed to have one last glimmer of hope crushed as the final bounce was just strong enough to carom out, not in.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Not saying White is blameless but for THIS game...Blackshear going out with an injury and the players making stupid decisions and not converting is what lost the game. Today, Whites coaching was solid and put us in position to beat Kentucky.

Bull****. This type of collapse is a Mike White pattern.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Kentucky had one of their best out too and another that fouled out with 10 minutes left. Blackshear being out is no excuse. This was a choke plain and simple. Florida basketball was dead when Donovan left. It will never be the same. I said it then and ill keep saying it until I'm proven wrong, which I would love to happen.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Glad I quit watching a while back

This is the first game I have sat down to watch since earlier in the season. I quit for the exact reasons I saw in this game. I'm done until tourney time where we will be out the first weekend.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
And yet we miss this

Does Locke ever hit a clutch shot though?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Still can’t believe we blew an 18 point let with 11 minutes left and two of their best players out...at home....with all we had on the line.

One word: soft. From the coaches to the players.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
WTF???? Guess it was my fault. I had to go out and said there was no way UK wins this game with or without Hagans. I left mid way thru the 2nd half, we had a double digit lead and I come back to find out we coughed it up? How was that possible? Without Hagans KY is average and terrible on defense. Did they go on a 3 pt. shooting spree? I doubt it b/c they suck shooting 3's. I doubt it was b/c Blackshear got hurt b/c we built the lead and Blackshear did DCKK. I can't blame Mike directly b/c I did not see it, but we were doing everything we wanted and no resistance only to give it up? I have seen every team play at least twice on TV this year and there is not a single team that should ever outscore us by 20 or more points at HOME during any stretch, yet Baylor, Miss St., Bama, UGA, UK have all done it.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Proud of Scottie for defending his coach, but it's not on the players when there's a pattern of losing the same way. I don't recall a team or coach with a repeat pattern of losing a lead like this in ANY sport. The coach owns this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.