Gator Basketball Gators blow late double-digit lead, lose to Kentucky at home

DaRealGayta

Nov 6, 2018
It is his fault we play to dam slow to not have any bigs im done two more blow outs coming

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just gotta make shots :lol:

That sometimes requires coaches teaching how to play offense.

We had like two good looks in the second half. Couldn’t draw anything up to get Allen or Locke open.

It’s all on the players, coaches don’t have any responsibility to correct constant themes.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Guards were driving to the rim, taking the contested shot, instead of kicking it out to the open shooter. Normally they don’t even try to drive to the inside when the outside shot isn’t there, so that part was an improvement, they just failed to kick it back out when they got in there, opting to try the difficult shots instead.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile Foley somewhere with his gymnastics, softball and lacrosse championship rings:

C88C2F92-3D9E-4CDA-9D96-22F16D4B6ADD.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes , another loss because we're poorly coached. Lol

and thus poorly practiced.... The team a coach puts on the floor is the one he trained and practiced since before the season started -- from the start and through correction in ongoing practices.

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017

Go away

It's pretty convenient to ignore that Florida is #1 in the conference in scoring defense, at 62.7ppg for the season. I'm not arguing that more offense would be a bad thing, but balance is the real objective.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's pretty convenient to ignore that Florida is #1 in the conference in scoring defense, at 62.7ppg for the season. I'm not arguing that more offense would be a bad thing, but balance is the real objective.

Focusing on defense only is not a winning formula. Has that not been clear this year? Lol

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Focusing on defense only is not a winning formula. Has that not been clear this year? Lol

I thought I might have headed this comment off with my second sentence, but I was expecting a bit too much, I guess. Second sentence, again, "I'm not arguing that more offense would be a bad thing, but balance is the real objective."

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I thought I might have headed this comment off with my second sentence, but I was expecting a bit too much, I guess. Second sentence, again, "I'm not arguing that more offense would be a bad thing, but balance is the real objective."

Yea I stopped reading after the first sentence. We play hard on defense, thats about the only compliment I can give. Yipee.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Guards were driving to the rim, taking the contested shot, instead of kicking it out to the open shooter. Normally they don’t even try to drive to the inside when the outside shot isn’t there, so that part was an improvement, they just failed to kick it back out when they got in there, opting to try the difficult shots instead.
Cause White doesnt coach movement. We dont move to the open spot for the spot up shot. Also, he has told them to go inside and we only have guards to do that. UK took away the 3pter because they knew we cant score I side the 3pt line

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
We are not scoring 57...more like 92-49
If we don't fire this guy after this season, then when? Recruits coming in? Great, get someone who can coach them. Fire White as soon as it best fits the practical needs of the program. He is not the answer.

RaptureVeteran

Banned
BANNED
Jan 26, 2019
We had like two good looks in the second half. Couldn’t draw anything up to get Allen or Locke open.

It’s all on the players, coaches don’t have any responsibility to correct constant themes.
Painfully stupid take

How many times do we run actual offense to get guys open? Rarely. Most of our offense is pull jumpers. You basically admitted to it in your post and I'm not sure if I'm missing the sarcasm or if the take really is just that bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator