Gators Breakdown: The Gator Panel previews 2020 season

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dave and some of the local beat writers discuss UF's upcoming 2020 season and what their expectations are.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
question? what happens almost like clockwork after a team gets lucky and wins three or four come from behind games one year?

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
question? what happens almost like clockwork after a team gets lucky and wins three or four come from behind games one year?

At least one of which (kentucky) would have definitely been a loss had Frank's not gotten injured. Probably would have 1-2 extra losses last year if kentucky hadn't saved our season by injuring Frank's. I'm still in the "wait and see" crowd, but how somebody can be confident that we can compete with the college elite is beyond me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

In '93 we had to come from behind to beat Uk, MsSt and Usce.

So since we can't play fsu to a tie this year, I guess we'll just go 9-1. Not bad, but I'm already pissed at Gilmore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At least one of which (kentucky) would have definitely been a loss had Frank's not gotten injured. Probably would have 1-2 extra losses last year if kentucky hadn't saved our season by injuring Frank's. .
Franks wasn't playing versus USC.

please don't act like this isn't a two decade pattern.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I listened to this podcast last week for the first time. They had the QB coach that AR used out of Jacksonville (also coached the kid that went to UGA). Pretty good segment.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
In '93 we had to come from behind to beat Uk, MsSt and Usce.

So since we can't play fsu to a tie this year, I guess we'll just go 9-1. Not bad, but I'm already pissed at Gilmore.
Don’t blame Gilmore. He never had a chance. I still remember screaming oh sh*t when I saw Gilmore lined up one on one against Sanders. That one is all ion Bob Pruit.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Don’t blame Gilmore. He never had a chance. I still remember screaming oh sh*t when I saw Gilmore lined up one on one against Sanders. That one is all ion Bob Pruit.

It wasn’t a total loss for Pruett that day. He did discover that the TE is an eligible receiver that needs to be covered, and adjusted accordingly going forward.

Probably could’ve done without the 9 Ints as well, especially the late one from DW. Most dejected I’d ever seen the Swamp filing out afterward.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
It wasn’t a total loss for Pruett that day. He did discover that the TE is an eligible receiver that needs to be covered, and adjusted accordingly going forward.

Probably could’ve done without the 9 Ints as well, especially the late one from DW. Most dejected I’d ever seen the Swamp filing out afterward.

The 2010 MSU game was an odd experience and the only loss I’ve ever attended...just a weird ending and afterwards university was dead

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

you obviously didn’t attend the Georgia Southern game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zook was still DC in 1993.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
you obviously didn’t attend the Georgia Southern game.

Remember I said most dejected I had(I’d) ever seen it. To that point in my life. Honestly I was only 14 at the time, so I didn’t have a ton of experience. But since Spurrier arrived and we no longer just went, “ehh it’s Ole Miss I guess”, we had only lost once at home and that was in a valiant effort to the noles a year earlier. Ranked #1 and feeling like this was the year, only to lose to another Bowden on a last second play. That one stung. It was silence.

Plus by Gsu most were resigned to the fact that we sucked and were numb. It was bad, but even if we’d won, we stop needed to beat fsu to even get 6 wins. The season was over already, imo.

If you were there, hopefully you didn’t make the same mistake I did and bring your kids.:lol:

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remember I said most dejected I had(I’d) ever seen it. To that point in my life. Honestly I was only 14 at the time, so I didn’t have a ton of experience. But since Spurrier arrived and we no longer just went, “ehh it’s Ole Miss I guess”, we had only lost once at home and that was in a valiant effort to the noles a year earlier. Ranked #1 and feeling like this was the year, only to lose to another Bowden on a last second play. That one stung. It was silence.

Plus by Gsu most were resigned to the fact that we sucked and were numb. It was bad, but even if we’d won, we stop needed to beat fsu to even get 6 wins. The season was over already, imo.

If you were there, hopefully you didn’t make the same mistake I did and bring your kids.:lol:

I did.
:(

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have no confidence that we go 10-0...........9-1 even sounds overly optimistic.... 8-2 has a good ring......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator