Gators Caravan

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Anyone going (or has gone) to any of Napier's spring speaking tour stops? I'm hitting up Orlando tonight and if others are going to any of the stops, I'll be curious to what Nape has to say. I'm sure a lot of it is coach speak, but there is some Q&A element. For a guy looking to win some goodwill, this could be an interesting look if people start asking about the two straight losing seasons or what expectations should be. I think he could lose some goodwill with on the fence boosters by pulling out dumb stuff like his excusing costly ST mishaps last year by vaguely mentioning undefined areas we were top 5 in last year for special teams.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Am not going but hope you do AND are able to ask a question.
Report back here with any results/impressions.
Everybody here will be kind and understanding of anything you have to report, especially anything optimistic or positive.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Here's the thing, he can talk a lot, but I know there are plenty of pissed boosters. I had a bull gator behind me in line for autographs after the spring game who isn't happy and was even less happier with Nape after Nape came out late to the autograph signing and then bounced the second he could (was this one of you?). I'm curious to see what happens, there might be some intriguing entertainment or perhaps there's a slip and we see something given.

I've had several possible questions, but one would be that after we've been told to stomach 2 straight losing seasons, would he if the results aren't there this year do what Harbaugh, a guy who had been to a Super Bowl as HC, and modify his buyout as a sign of good faith?

That doesn't have much to do with my feelings on results year 3, but at least perhaps it gets a pointed, but relevant question out there.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Here's the thing, he can talk a lot, but I know there are plenty of pissed boosters. I had a bull gator behind me in line for autographs after the spring game who isn't happy and was even less happier with Nape after Nape came out late to the autograph signing and then bounced the second he could (was this one of you?). I'm curious to see what happens, there might be some intriguing entertainment or perhaps there's a slip and we see something given.

I've had several possible questions, but one would be that after we've been told to stomach 2 straight losing seasons, would he if the results aren't there this year do what Harbaugh, a guy who had been to a Super Bowl as HC, and modify his buyout as a sign of good faith?

That doesn't have much to do with my feelings on results year 3, but at least perhaps it gets a pointed, but relevant question out there.
Honestly, I wasn't happy he made me stand in that line to begin with.
But leaving early was the icing on the Reine de Saba.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

No offense, but anyone standing in a line for HIS autograph is a dumbass.
Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
exactly what i was thinking. who would wait around for anything from that dumbass? and going out of my way to hear him speak? Id rather stick blunt objects into my eye sockets.
I'm tempted to keep Gatorchatter around just to see your reactions after wins this year. I've never seen a fan paint himself in a corner more than you have here. You've left yourself no choice but to hope like hell for a train wreck.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm tempted to keep Gatorchatter around just to see your reactions after wins this year. I've never seen a fan paint himself in a corner more than you have here. You've left yourself no choice but to hope like hell for a train wreck.
Tell me how him being a complete hayseed spouting moronic coach speakisms changes whether he's winning or losing. Or better yet, go on record and tell us all how riveting you find his post game pressers.

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, we will be emailing you after every loss.

It isn't like you will ever move on from that [email protected] email.

There is no hoping like hell. There is just Billy Retard being Billy Retard.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Well, that was interesting.

Sean Kelley wants to drop “Gator Nation” and go with Congregation because it’s a group of Gators.

Billy did a mini film study, literally see James from GNFP on the K-Jack long gain from Spring (except ignore the TD play missed) and DJ’s first TD throw. Few more plays Turner’s great diving break up.

Billy says ST organizational issues are unacceptable and “criticism is well deserved”. Started with EPA comment and perception vs. reality but then added that part.

Says new level of urgency, listed leaders, names I haven’t heard before include Slaughter and Crawshaw.

He REALLY sold Florida Victorious. For the critique from a number of people he didn’t push FV enough, he really did this time. I know several boosters of mid to high tier were present, including my mom who isn’t a FV member, but was asking lots of questions. Also, apparently some (all?) FV donations (maybe one time donations?) are tax deductible. Sold that we are competitive in the NIL space, much against those still touting how we are currently far behind and he’s held back by it. Dave Waters did tell me on Twitter we are firmly top 10 this week so this confirms it.

He’s not worried about players leaving at this point.

Only 3 q and a, one about finding time outside of football, one about the most fun game last year, and then a schedule question where yet another person pissing themselves over Jersey names outed themselves.

Billy’s take on the schedule is not far from mine, but reasoning is different.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A) Sean Kelley wants to drop “Gator Nation” and go with Congregation because it’s a group of Gators.

B) Billy says ST organizational issues are unacceptable and “criticism is well deserved”. Started with EPA comment and perception vs. reality but then added that part.

This isn’t shooting the messenger, Truth.
I appreciate you posting this. Just commenting on these points.

A) Get bent. You’ve been here for 15 minutes. So done with people coming in and wanting to change things that are perfectly fine.

B) If there was an ounce of genuine in this statement then he would’ve addressed this completely in the offseason and not made a mockery of us all just days ago in that interview. This feels like SS pushing him to make the appearance of conceding to quiet the noise.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This isn’t shooting the messenger, Truth.
I appreciate you posting this. Just commenting on these points.

A) Get bent. You’ve been here for 15 minutes. So done with people coming in and wanting to change things that are perfectly fine.

B) If there was an ounce of genuine in this statement then he would’ve addressed this completely in the offseason and not made a mockery of us all just days ago in that interview. This feels like SS pushing him to make the appearance of conceding to quiet the noise.
That's exactly what it is. Lip service to appease the justified indignation, nothing more. I'm looking forward to the day that gator nation gets to bend over and have him kiss our collective ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.