Gators crack AP Top 25

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So if three weeks is a decent snapshot of the season, we face 5 of the Top-24 teams(really 18). If it were a snapshot of next year, it would be 8 of the Top 18 teams. If Billy is looking for a mantra for next year, I’d say McAuliffes’s “Nuts!” would be very appropriate.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
daffy duck masturbation GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

It’s true though. The better strategy would’ve been to come stumbling in to Lexington at barely 2-2. In fact technically, if you really want to get nuts, show up in Jax with 6 losses, just for maximum sneak up capability. We had a chance, and we blew it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It’s been against two ranked teams and a HS program. Probably as tough a schedule so far as anyone in the country. I say it’s legit.
True but each game has been it own entity. Game 1 Utah had short fields. The girls team is self explanatory. Tinerc never had the ball the entire first half, so TOP really helped the D. this is not demeaning the stat or the D, but other things can occur to not only distort numbers but to also help your D.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
It’s true though. The better strategy would’ve been to come stumbling in to Lexington at barely 2-2. In fact technically, if you really want to get nuts, show up in Jax with 6 losses, just for maximum sneak up capability. We had a chance, and we blew it.
Are we still really so scarred of little ol’ UK

let%27s-get-nuts-batman.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky is an effing joke and struggled to beat Western Kentucky. I like our chances.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
True but each game has been it own entity. Game 1 Utah had short fields. The girls team is self explanatory. Tinerc never had the ball the entire first half, so TOP really helped the D. this is not demeaning the stat or the D, but other things can occur to not only distort numbers but to also help your D.
Yeah and that’s only true for us, so I can see why you refuse to acknowledge it.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s been against two ranked teams and a HS program. Probably as tough a schedule so far as anyone in the country. I say it’s legit.
You said it it!

Most of the top 25 is yet to play a ranked team and we have already played 2 with games remaining against #1, 4, and 12.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So if three weeks is a decent snapshot of the season, we face 5 of the Top-24 teams(really 18). If it were a snapshot of next year, it would be 8 of the Top 18 teams. If Billy is looking for a mantra for next year, I’d say McAuliffes’s “Nuts!” would be very appropriate.
Airborne!!!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
How many times have we or other teams barely crack the top 25 and then proceed to lose the very next(real)game....I would have loved to go into UK at 3-1 unranked....

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Didn't say it wasn't legit, just if it holds up.
Guys gotta stay healthy. Luckily we've brought in some good talent and have a good rotation, so they aren't getting completely gassed.
Offense has to pull their weight though because Tennessee worked the defense hard in the 2nd half.
But the defense also didn't break like I expected despite being tired

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Our D won the game for us Sat night. TN had the ball the entire 2nd half and only scored 9 points
Our defense was great, but they were good against Utah too and we lost. The Tennessee game was a well rounded effort and the crowd deserves some credit too. They get some credit for all of those false start penalties that Tennessee had. Now the team needs to good into Lexington and show that they can maintain in a hostile environment (unlike at Utah).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How many times have we or other teams barely crack the top 25 and then proceed to lose the very next(real)game....I would have loved to go into UK at 3-1 unranked....

I get your point. I just don’t think a ranking has any bearing on their impressions of us. We just pulled an upset of a Top 15 team and looked like a completely different unit than 2 weeks earlier. The film alone will have Uk ready. But let’s not fool ourselves into thinking beating us a few times makes UF any less of a huge game for them.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I love fans. We lose to Utah and the wheels are coming off. We beat the voles AGAIN, and we win out.

I don't want to get our hopes up because the schedule is brutal. But, the D is looking so much better than what we have seen in 10 years. Just need to get some better play calling. Hand it off to Johnson 4 in a row, then Etienne 6 in a row, throw it to Wilson 4 in a row, and then Pearsall 5 in a row.

I'm still cautiously optimistic.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love fans. We lose to Utah and the wheels are coming off. We beat the voles AGAIN, and we win out.

I don't want to get our hopes up because the schedule is brutal. But, the D is looking so much better than what we have seen in 10 years. Just need to get some better play calling. Hand it off to Johnson 4 in a row, then Etienne 6 in a row, throw it to Wilson 4 in a row, and then Pearsall 5 in a row.

I'm still cautiously optimistic.
We beatin errybody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator