Gator Basketball Gators crushed by Butler, 76-62

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I finally got to watch our b-ball team play a full game. Wow. They are poorly coached. It looks like school yard basketball, no discipline, no offense, a lot of selfishness. The end of the first half (last 5 minutes or so, all the way to the buzzer) was pathetic.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We just gotta hit our shots.
It’s all the players fault. System is there. Not enough talent on the team. White just needs a few more years to get the program where he wants it. Also, probably should look at delaying the football facility as basketball clearly needs better dorms.

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
It’s all the players fault. System is there. Not enough talent on the team. White just needs a few more years to get the program where he wants it. Also, probably should look at delaying the football facility as basketball clearly needs better dorms.
I almost thought u were a sunshine pumper there...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is probably the biggest let down of a season I can remember, basketball wise. I know I had some pretty high expectations.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I turned it off at halftime. Haven't done that in the 25+ years I have followed Florida basketball. Yawn.

I did the same thing and I never did this, in 40 years of following gator basketball until last season.

I have Mike White Fatigue. i feel like I tune in and watch the same game over and over kinda like a basketball groundhog day.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Billy will be able to stomach an entire game when he comes back for the "court naming ceremony?"

I wouldn't blame him if he stepped out after halftime. It might be sickening for him to see what happened to the program he built.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I did the same thing and I never did this, in 40 years of following gator basketball until last season.

I have Mike White Fatigue. i feel like I tune in and watch the same game over and over kinda like a basketball groundhog day.

A groundhog who cannot hit the hole. ..... Lose by 8 ? okay youngsters ---- but letting them keep a 16-pt lead with our coach flummoxed all the way?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

You and me both DD. I've followed them since the days of Neal Walk and Tommy Bartlett and I just can't watch this crap coaching any more. MW is completely clueless and the fans that make all the excuses alluded to in sarcasm by previous posters are just as lame as he is. When they finally replace this frickin' momo I'll be back on the BB - until then it's via con Dios for this old fart.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not get a chance to see the game today due to travel but I am not surprised that Butler won. I saw them play a few weeks ago and they are a good team, but not double digits better than we are. But I am not sure how the game went so I can't comment. I do like their coach and I think he will be the next in line of those size schools to get a big job. But reading the thread it seems to be a repeat of the repeat of the repeat.

However I was able to watch the Marshall game which ended much tighter than it should have. First off, Marshall is terrible and was quite taken by what Mark Wise was saying in his role as color analyst on that game. When I was living in the area, I actually had a few chats with Wise regarding Mike and his awful half court offensive prowess. Mark has always been a suckhole for Mike and he always hemmed and hawed about something as to why the offense was so stagnant such as: Small guards, no low post presence on offense, not good shooters, lack of athleticism. etc. etc. etc. Each time I would say 'Mark, what I am talking about has nothing to do with any of your excuses". Bad shooting teams and slow, fat, white guys can still move around on offense without the ball. So during the Marshall game, I was grinning as all the stuff we lament about with Mike, Wise was mentioning about the lack of the ball player movement during the Marshall game. I guess you can only cover for someone for so long before you finally just have to throw in the towel.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's ludicrous to keep tabs on any team coached by Mike White. Yes, maybe he can have them losing important games by less than 10 come the end of the season --- after these youngsters naturally mature uncoached. All the dumbnitude of White, however, will be our players' biggest obstacle hindering their development. With the girts our players possess, it's feasible that UF has faced at minimum 3 coaches better coaches than White. ?? And we are just 9 games into the season. So many many better BBall coaches yet to face ... oh no SEC lots of coaches to cower before.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think our guys tank the season to get White fired? I thought they should have done it last year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Players have to face tremendous pressure to keep their court-time. So, why not have White know he's facing tremendous pressure at being taken out as our coach. Whatever is amiss is being reinforced at practices. One isolated team doesn't have all previous sharpshooter players start missing, start having mental blocks on what they should be working to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator