Gator Basketball Gators manage 50 points, lose to TCU

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Did you see the post I responded to??????
You just shattered the rules on multiple question marks.

At any rate, I don't know how anyone watched pre-shot clock basketball without gouging their eyes out with scissors. It must have been cruel and unusual punishment.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

At any rate, I don't know how anyone watched pre-shot clock basketball without gouging their eyes out with scissors. It must have been cruel and unusual punishment.

I enjoyed pre-shot clock basketball a lot. The four corners was not run very much and it took UNC level talent to run it effectively. That said, maybe the shot clock came in just in time before tons of teams would have slowed the game down.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Lou Henson was the BB coach at Illinois for 20 years (mid 70s to mid 90s) and lost many a game going to four corners once his team built even a marginal lead in the second half. It was hard to watch as I grew up in Illinois and was an Illini fan. They had some great teams back in the day, and he may be a legendary coach, but he held them back a lot.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Contrary to InstiGator's assertion, I'm w/Ox on this. The four-corners offense by UNC was annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator