Gators part ways with DB coach Kirk Callahan

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't understand. He paid Weis 900K while he was paying Muschamp more than he's paying Mac...It would seem like he would want to get Mac the best support staff since his salary is so low...

McElwain is making at least $500K more than Muschamp made at UF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And remember that Muschamp is still on the payroll, as well as probably all the other assistants that were canned.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who's Kirk Callahan?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From Zachs article:

Fulton: “It was surprising. I didn’t expect it, but it doesn’t affect anything with me and Florida.”

Myers: “I actually de-committed because of the relationship with me and coach Callahan. It wasn’t that strong. I could see myself still going there, but it will take a lot to do that.”

Taylor: “I realize it’s a business, so no it won’t (have an impact). I just don’t like the decision. I don’t think that was the best move.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...its-react-to-floridas-secondary-coach-leaving

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Screenshot_2016-01-15-19-48-14.png LB Vosean Joseph on his Bama Visit. This one has got me nervous and is probably why Mac has been offering/bringing in new LB's (that we are just starting to pursue) for official visits.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Rivals is only free this weekend so you will need to hurry up to view this. Wow what an indictment on Callahan. It was anything we didn't already assume…

https://florida.n.rivals.com/news/impact-analysis-gators-defensive-backs-coach-callahan-s-departure
Any of those (on the list) will be an upgrade over Callahan.Torrian Gray or Corey Raymond would be HUGE upgrades! That being said we'll end up with someone like Brown,Ansley,Townsend or Bell. My guess would be Bell because he's at FAU and we can get him cheap. No way in hell is Foley going to pay $375k or more a yr to get Corey Raymond from LSU,No way!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta stay away from Ansley = hometown Tallahassee, Alabama.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we can steal LSUs DB coach, the DBU debate will officially be over. Maybe Mac gets Foley to open up the coin purse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.