Warning: Political Takes Gators Players Skip Practice

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Those guys are sitting out for a reason other than COVID, that’s my point. It’s just an excuse for anything now in every damn industry.

Again, if you don’t want to play, give up your scholarship.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Question. Would you guys rather see college football played without some of the best players(guys who choose to sit out)and see them lose their schollies? Even if it meant a slightly lower level of play(from all teams not just UF).

Put me in the hell yes category....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’d love to see players that love their schools and love college football, guys that are in tears in their last game because they don’t want to leave.

Let the primadonnas that only care about the NFL go to their own league so we can choose not to watch it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The longer the libs play games and drag on the response to the China Virus the more negative effects it's going to have on all sports. I'm hoping pro sports takes a big hit - I know I won't be watching ANY pro sports as long as they play the BLM bullsh*t. But more to CFB - all this activism is coming at a time when the revenues are taking a major hit. The old expression, 'be careful what you wish for' is going to bite these dipshlts in the ass (I hope). This China Virus response is going to kill non-revenue sports and small college programs. It's going to have a deep impact on the major programs as well (many coaches are taking 10-25% paycuts, Norvell at FSU is one of them). The days of the "stand alone" could come to a halt. The fat pool of "analysts" could take a hit...and many other support staff positions. Sure, Alabama is going to be fine...but what about the Vandy's or the Wake Forest's? It sucks we - as fans - have to suffer losing one of our big passions. But that's what the Dr. Fauci's of the world want.....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

give those schollies to one year transfers. Seniors from other conferences.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The longer the libs play games and drag on the response to the China Virus the more negative effects it's going to have on all sports. I'm hoping pro sports takes a big hit - I know I won't be watching ANY pro sports as long as they play the BLM bullsh*t. But more to CFB - all this activism is coming at a time when the revenues are taking a major hit. The old expression, 'be careful what you wish for' is going to bite these dipshlts in the ass (I hope). This China Virus response is going to kill non-revenue sports and small college programs. It's going to have a deep impact on the major programs as well (many coaches are taking 10-25% paycuts, Norvell at FSU is one of them). The days of the "stand alone" could come to a halt. The fat pool of "analysts" could take a hit...and many other support staff positions. Sure, Alabama is going to be fine...but what about the Vandy's or the Wake Forest's? It sucks we - as fans - have to suffer losing one of our big passions. But that's what the Dr. Fauci's of the world want.....

Im ready for the whole system to burn down so it can be rebuilt. Tired of high school kids getting treated like rock stars. It will never happen though. The Bamas will get stronger during this thing and the rest will get weaker. Im to the point you are with the NFL but with college.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I’d love to see players that love their schools and love college football, guys that are in tears in their last game because they don’t want to leave.

Let the primadonnas that only care about the NFL go to their own league so we can choose not to watch it.
I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. I know we're not likely to get players who love the game and their school very often anymore but if I'm choosing...

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I've grown weary of this whacked-out year where there is so much bitching and whining about everything. I want to see my college football that I've loved all my life as an Orange and Blue lifetime member. Never gave a ratzass about the NBA, will watch the NFL until they disgrace the National Anthem then it's time to launch the boat. I wish Mullen could just flush these trouble-making turds and open scholarships for kids that would run stadium steps everyday for the chance to play in the Swamp, just for the pride of being there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
While making a comment that might be considered political is unfortunately unavoidable in this this current climate in sports, let's try and keep the angry partisan rants towards the other sides to ourselves as much as we can and keep it on topic. The PF is always available if you need to vent in that regard.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
but what about the Vandy's or the Wake Forest's? It sucks we - as fans - have to suffer losing one of our big passions.

I’ve been on this train as well as the destruction of college towns that no one wants to talk about. Hell, a lot of Gainesville establishments were going out of business before this. You really think that this hit isn’t going to shutter a lot more? Much less all of the small colleges. Non-revenue sports will end up cut and a lot of their participants will end up not being able to go to college or get into one as good because of cut programs. But their futures don’t matter. Don’t give me the bullsh*t (or is it Oxsh*t on this board?) that they do. If they did, I’d have seen people talk about them on a grand scale long before now. You don’t care, just like you don’t care if kids get sent home from college and get shot (again I think CFB has 1 to Covid’s 0), as long as it moves a point and you can project fear. I’m sick of the short-sightedness that leads to much worse complications and then people have the balls to come back with the “who could have said that if you did what we demanded that this would happened”, then they point to everyone that did and say that pointing out the easily predictable end result is nefarious...oops, off topic, anyways...

Hope people play, if not, good luck to them.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
My comment was based on the thread title. It's virtually impossible to comment on without any reference to politics since that's what is driving all this.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
If someone doesn't want to play (or work), next person up. It is their choice, not mine nor yours. i do not have to agree with their decision, like someone declaring early for the draft. But it is their choice, no matter how uninformed we might think it is.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
I think everyone gets that part...but should they be allowed to keep their schollie/stay on the team? That's where the majority of us are drawing the line.
IMO, yes. These are unprecedented times, and we do not need cookie cutter answers. These are 18-22 year old kids...remember their brains have not fully developed (science). If they want to sit out because of the virus then yes they should keep their scholarship. if they want to sit out because of pay for play, etc, then no. They knew what they signed up for when they signed their LOI.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
They knew what they signed up for when they signed their LOI.
"But their 18-22 year old kids kids and their brains aren't fully developed" :lol:

Look,....make an example of a couple of the outspoken players and the rest will fall in line....That's how were supposed to learn in society. Then they can go be an adult in the NFL or be very repentant and sit out the year and stay on the team and earn their scholly back...

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
"But their 18-22 year old kids kids and their brains aren't fully developed" :lol:

Look,....make an example of a couple of the outspoken players and the rest will fall in line....That's how were supposed to learn in society. Then they can go be an adult in the NFL or be very repentant and sit out the year and stay on the team and earn their scholly back...
Outspoken for sitting out because of the virus? Seriously? I really hope you are not serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator