GCMB Poll: Greatest UF football player ever

Who is the greatest UF football player of alltime?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wilber was a flop? You're ridiculous. Just patently ridiculous.

As for your pronouncement as fact that Tebow was the greatest ever, please learn the difference between fact and opinion because, yes, you're really making a fool of yourself here. And note, please, the question wasn't "greatest Gator," but best UF football player.

Also, you're totally exposing yourself as a pre-teen fanboy with your insistence that anybody who doesn't think Tebow was the most bestest coolest ever is a hater. It's possible to think he was a great Gator without thinking he was the best UF football player ever. Twelve year old girls don't feel as strongly about Justin Bieber.

To summarize, I'm laughing at you.
You've been around Ox longer than a couple days, right?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Danny highlights ...

Yep, that SEC championship game was really the game that makes Wuerffel the best ever. UAL came into the game 9-1 having given up 5 TD passes all season. Wuerffel lit them up for 6 TD pass in that game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

As for your pronouncement as fact that Tebow was the greatest ever, please learn the difference between fact and opinion because, yes, you're really making a fool of yourself here. And note, please, the question wasn't "greatest Gator," but best UF football player.

Also, you're totally exposing yourself as a pre-teen fanboy with your insistence that anybody who doesn't think Tebow was the most bestest coolest ever is a hater. It's possible to think he was a great Gator without thinking he was the best UF football player ever. Twelve year old girls don't feel as strongly about Justin Bieber.

:owned:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
(not to feed the trolls but I do think this bears mentioning)

Wilber isn't in the Pro Football HOF but he probably should be. He suffered because he was one of the first really good players to split his career with two teams, the Bears and the Skins. If he played his whole career with one team, he'd have more support. He wasn't in the "Super Bowl Shuffle". In the end, he wasn't beloved by either fan base like others were. Additionally, he was one of the first LBs to play weak, strong, and middle. He could blitz, come around the edge, stuff the run, and drop back and cover. He doesn't have eye popping sack numbers but he was really good in all phases of the game. If he focused purely on pass rushing he would have had a lot more sacks and would be in.

Wilber was as good an all-around LB as there was in the NFL during his era (not named LT). He deserves to be in Canton.

Alex.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Jesus dude, take your Xanax, wash it down with some Miralax and hopefully you'll feel regular in the morning.

:jerkstore:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN 2016 Coaches' Poll
GREATEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER?
1. Herschel Walker, Georgia *keep in mind Tebow broke Walker's career rushing TD record
2. Archie Griffin, Ohio State
3. Barry Sanders, Oklahoma State
4. Bo Jackson, Auburn
5. Earl Campbell, Texas
6. Tim Tebow, Florida
7. Jim Brown, Syracuse
8. Jim Thorpe, Carlisle
9. Rocket Ismail, Notre Dame
10. Tony Dorsett, Pitt

Tebow is also the only Gator on this list

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The All-Athlon Team

The Athlon Era Dream Team consists of 22 of history’s greatest collegiate players, each of whom has a spot in our top 50.

QB: Tim Tebow *3 1st place votes

RB: Herschel Walker, Barry Sanders *Walker had 9 1st place votes

WR: Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald

TE: Keith Jackson

OL: John Hannah Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, Anthony Munoz

C: Dave Rimington

DE: Hugh Green, Randy White

DT: Lee Roy Selmon, Ndamukong Suh

LB: Derrick Thomas, Lawrence Taylor, Brian Bosworth

CB: Charles Woodson, Deion Sanders

S: Ronnie Lott, Kenny Easley

Danny finished #48 on this list

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN 2016 Coaches' Poll
1. Herschel Walker, Georgia *keep in mind Tebow broke Walker's career rushing TD record
4. Bo Jackson, Auburn
5. Earl Campbell, Texas
6. Tim Tebow, Florida
7. Jim Brown, Syracuse
8. Jim Thorpe, Carlisle
10. Tony Dorsett, Pitt

That's ridiculous. Ismail is easily the most overrated player of the last 30 years. He wouldn't even have started on our 2008 team.

Griffin's another overrated back. He's listed that high because he won back to back Heismans during a weak period in college football.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
ESPN 2016 Coaches' Poll
4. Bo Jackson, Auburn
5. Earl Campbell, Texas
6. Tim Tebow, Florida
7. Jim Brown, Syracuse
8. Jim Thorpe, Carlisle
10. Tony Dorsett, Pitt

I Herschel was in a league by himself..........dog or otherwise. I didnt see Brown play in college or Thorpe but what I read about THorpe he ran for a small (literally) unknown team and beat the BEST in his era.
hat's ridiculous. Ismail is easily the most overrated player of the last 30 years. He wouldn't even have started on our 2008 team.
This was the Notre Dame bs that got me wired. They gave Tim Brown the Heisman over this guy
1 Tim Brown Notre Dame SR WR 324 173 124 1442 39 Rec, 846 Yds, 21.7 Avg, 3 TD
2 Don McPherson Syracuse SR QB 167 135 60 831 129 Cmp, 229 Att, 2341 Yds, 22 TD, 11 Int

I always get confused and think Ismail got it instead of Brown. They invented stats for these guys............all purpose yrdg came from this

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I Herschel was in a league by himself..........dog or otherwise. I didnt see Brown play in college or Thorpe but what I read about THorpe he ran for a small (literally) unknown team and beat the BEST in his era.

This was the Notre Dame bs that got me wired. They gave Tim Brown the Heisman over this guy
1 Tim Brown Notre Dame SR WR 324 173 124 1442 39 Rec, 846 Yds, 21.7 Avg, 3 TD
2 Don McPherson Syracuse SR QB 167 135 60 831 129 Cmp, 229 Att, 2341 Yds, 22 TD, 11 Int

I always get confused and think Ismail got it instead of Brown. They invented stats for these guys............all purpose yrdg came from this

'87 was another so-so year. Thurman Thomas probably deserved the trophy. Some guy named Gordon Lockbaum ended up third in the voting.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think UF fans that saw them both are impressed by recency bias?

I can't speak for others but I certainly saw both play a lot. There is no question about my choice. The voters from the two polls Included 87 of 128 FBS coaches and the Athlon Poll included 15 national sports writers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator