Georgia is in shambles: Star linebacker charged with rape

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Isn’t he a kid we were chasing pretty hard? Would we be interested?

He flipped to UGA after we lost Warren to them, and he was butt hurt we didn't keep Randy on staff.

Or we can just say UGA pays more than us, whatever.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He flipped to UGA after we lost Warren to them, and he was butt hurt we didn't keep Randy on staff.

Or we can just say UGA pays more than us, whatever.
Per some UGA folks I know (and I’ve seen a similar sentiment elsewhere), we don’t play the dark side of the game as well but it’s not the only factor. You like to talk about whistling past the graveyard but you sure don’t seem to have a problem doing it when it comes to a part of recruiting that is well known to be true.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Per some UGA folks I know (and I’ve seen a similar sentiment elsewhere), we don’t play the dark side of the game as well but it’s not the only factor. You like to talk about whistling past the graveyard but you sure don’t seem to have a problem doing it when it comes to a part of recruiting that is well known to be true.

Here's the thing w/ "paying" - one of these kids, just one, would have flipped by now. UGA has an AD who worked for Foley for 20 years. UF hired 4 former Alabama assistants when Butters was here. Muschamp worked for Saban (and so did some of his assistants at UF). No way these guys come to UF and don't bring along the same shenanigan's. All it would take is for one of these kids to admit it happened and Alabama and all the other programs we accuse of doing it to go down. Alabama weeds out players every year who didn't pan out - if just one of those kids gets disgruntled it could be the downfall of Alabama football. Same for Kirby's program. So I'm not naive enough to think they are that good at cheating and we aren't. UF has a long, long, long history of cheating. So I find it comical when the holier-than-thou crowd seriously thinks "everyone cheats but us". If UGA and Alabama are doing it, you better believe Tenn, UF, LSU, and Auburn are doing it too.

The one thing Alabama, LSU, UGA, Tenn, A&M, Auburn and every other SEC program besides UF has in common:

They don't have an AD who arrogantly stated 14 years ago, "We aren't getting into an arms race".

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So I find it comical when the holier-than-thou crowd seriously thinks "everyone cheats but us".
Did I say that? I think we fall short on the total package, not just the dark side. Our recruiters apparently don’t have good personalities for convincing kids to come to UF, our facilities suck, and we can’t show the same NFL pipeline we used to. Bama (and UGA to a lesser degree) have advantages in every one of those.

But you’re also crazy if you think that guys like Sunseri forgot how to recruit when they were here but magically remember when they went back to bama. There’s countless stories out there about players entire families being moved to nice houses in these college towns they have no business owning or these guys driving dodge or ford vehicles there’s no way they could afford (bama and UGA examples, specifically). Or pictures of bama players with thousands of dollars of cash on Twitter. I live next to a bunch of players for CU and almost all of them drive ****ty cars. The one guy with a nice dodge comes from money and it’s still like 10 years old. They’re D1 talents too but the PAC doesn’t compete like we do for talent - except USC and Oregon, to a lesser extent. You’re blind if you don’t think those side benefits don’t weigh into the decision.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
D
But you’re also crazy if you think that guys like Sunseri forgot how to recruit when they were here but magically remember when they went back to bama. There’s countless stories out there about players entire families being moved to nice houses in these college towns they have no business owning or these guys driving dodge or ford vehicles there’s no way they could afford (bama and UGA examples, specifically). Or pictures of bama players with thousands of dollars of cash on Twitter. I live next to a bunch of players for CU and almost all of them drive ****ty cars. The one guy with a nice dodge comes from money and it’s still like 10 years old. They’re D1 talents too but the PAC doesn’t compete like we do for talent - except USC and Oregon, to a lesser extent. You’re blind if you don’t think those side benefits don’t weigh into the decision.

I get it, I get it. Everybody cheats but UF.

I've been curious how much we gave Elam to convince him not to take the UGA money. Got any ideas? Or how much Trevez turned down from Clemson last year. Or how much cash Wingo left on the table when he spurned Penn State. Imagine how much Diabate gave up turning down the Crimson Tide.

But yeah, yeah....UF is clean as a whistle.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He was committed here first.. when will they learn ..

I realize this is not likely to happen, but I really hope we’d stonewall him if he were to request a look here. As BMF said, he more or less gave us an ultimatum regarding Shannon, saying if he was not retained he was gone. That type of attitude, coupled with going to uga of all places, kills any positives he may bring athletically.

On the other conversation going on regarding recruiting and paying, etc., I’ll say this. I think the one positive that may develop from the portal is that I think it will cause schools to focus recruiting efforts more at home, and at worst, their region. If a kid like Wilson has to sit out a year and/or end up at FAU, it will hopefully start to hit some only these kids to actually think through their decision and not get swept up in things. He should’ve honored his commitment here and, if he had, would be going into year three as a starter with the NFL in sight. Instead, he’s staring at missing this year(if there even is one) and being an afterthought overall. How many of these stories have to happen before kids eventually wake up?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I realize this is not likely to happen, but I really hope we’d stonewall him if he were to request a look here. As BMF said, he more or less gave us an ultimatum regarding Shannon, saying if he was not retained he was gone. That type of attitude, coupled with going to uga of all places, kills any positives he may bring athletically.

On the other conversation going on regarding recruiting and paying, etc., I’ll say this. I think the one positive that may develop from the portal is that I think it will cause schools to focus recruiting efforts more at home, and at worst, their region. If a kid like Wilson has to sit out a year and/or end up at FAU, it will hopefully start to hit some only these kids to actually think through their decision and not get swept up in things. He should’ve honored his commitment here and, if he had, would be going into year three as a starter with the NFL in sight. Instead, he’s staring at missing this year(if there even is one) and being an afterthought overall. How many of these stories have to happen before kids eventually wake up?

The portal is going to cause a lot of issues within a year or two w/ the "initial counters" rule. This has been brought up by multiple coaches, including Mullen. We're either going to see smaller classes (to save room for transfers) or the NCAA will make some sort of initial counter adjustment. Otherwise we're going to see these kids get butt hurt, run to the portal, and many of them not find a place to transfer (because schools won't have the initial counters available). Also, I expect by the 2021 season the 1-year sit out rule will be gone, so kids will be able to transfer freely (maybe it'll be just a 1 time transfer w/out having to sit out). But as it stands right now - w/ the initial counter rule - these kids running to the portal may find it hard to find a home (obviously kids w/ talent won't have that problem, but a kid who's been a bench warmer for 3 years thinking he'll find a lot of options might end up back at the original school).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The portal is going to cause a lot of issues within a year or two w/ the "initial counters" rule. This has been brought up by multiple coaches, including Mullen. We're either going to see smaller classes (to save room for transfers) or the NCAA will make some sort of initial counter adjustment. Otherwise we're going to see these kids get butt hurt, run to the portal, and many of them not find a place to transfer (because schools won't have the initial counters available). Also, I expect by the 2021 season the 1-year sit out rule will be gone, so kids will be able to transfer freely (maybe it'll be just a 1 time transfer w/out having to sit out). But as it stands right now - w/ the initial counter rule - these kids running to the portal may find it hard to find a home (obviously kids w/ talent won't have that problem, but a kid who's been a bench warmer for 3 years thinking he'll find a lot of options might end up back at the original school).

Well, the idea of entering the portal, losing your spot at a previous school, and finding yourself stuck with no home, is already happening. Apparently quite a bit.

What a kid like Wilson doesn't get is that outside of a specific, glaring hole(Ryan Smith '06), many of the better schools are looking for more than a kid that can come in for potentially 1 year. If it's a slam dunk, or extenuating circumstance like family health, maybe. Or make a move immediately like Steele or Cox. Otherwise, you're just a guy that hasn't been seen in large part for close to 3 years(a red flag in itself), and you could be taking up a spot on my roster that could be better filled by a HS commit who I can build around over the next 3-4 years. The gain vs downside just isn't nearly as favorable as they want to imagine. It's why I say I hope some of these kids get burned. Nothing personal. But there has to be an example of what not to do.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I get it, I get it. Everybody cheats but UF.

I've been curious how much we gave Elam to convince him not to take the UGA money. Got any ideas? Or how much Trevez turned down from Clemson last year. Or how much cash Wingo left on the table when he spurned Penn State. Imagine how much Diabate gave up turning down the Crimson Tide.

But yeah, yeah....UF is clean as a whistle.
Your reading comprehension really sucks. But you're part dawg so I'm not surprised.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I get it, I get it. We don't cheat, and they all do. Seriously though, how much did Elam leave on the table to sign w/ UF over UGA?
I mean, I literally said exactly the opposite but you just go right ahead with the dawg lovin'.

Honestly would not know. Maybe he got top UF money but not top UGA money because he was not a 5 star for them but he was the best our boosters would pay for? Maybe our boosters are more apt to open up the purse strings when they like the coach - we've heard Mullen is not particularly popular with boosters and he's not bringing Meyer type results? Maybe Elam was less concerned with short term cash (because of his family) and more concerned with immediate playing time to get tape built for a potential NFL career?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your reading comprehension really sucks. But you're part dawg so I'm not surprised.
This is a hilarious argument. People have been doing it since Chimp.

If you like the same coach that the Dwags do, and they loved Chimp and Cousin Eddie, then you are a loyal Gator.

If you hate the coach who keeps shytting the bed vs Dwags, it means you are a Dwag.

Im guessing Seabiscuit doesn't score well on logic exams.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
This is a hilarious argument. People have been doing it since Chimp.

If you like the same coach that the Dwags do, and they loved Chimp and Cousin Eddie, then you are a loyal Gator.

If you hate the coach who keeps shytting the bed vs Dwags, it means you are a Dwag.

Im guessing Seabiscuit doesn't score well on logic exams.
I do well enough. But grown ups are trash talking here. Go back to the kiddie table with @URGatorBait .

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
:goon: The get off my lawn crowd going at it again?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I drove to NC today. Made sure the entire clan stopped to piss on Athens when we went through. Thought I’d share. Fuch the dwags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.