Georgia is in shambles: Star linebacker charged with rape

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It looks like Mathis may be the starter - so for those keeping up; UGA fans claimed the WF kid was going to win the Heisman....then the USC kid was a sure Heisman front-runner....now, I suppose it's going to be the 3-star 3rd stringer?

(from their most recent scrimmage, per a 247 article):

The battle is between D'Wan Mathis and JT Daniels, and Mathis got significantly more reps on Saturday. UGA went with a 30-minute half as a full scrimmage, and Mathis got every single rep. It amounted to four drives and one two-minute drive. The offense didn't get into the end zone against the first-team defense but it moved the ball well.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
They’re gonna be a dumpster fire on offense

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jake from state Fromm was their saving grace against Grantham...it’s not gonna be him back there this year
all he has to do is hand off twice each series and maybe throw flare passes or 6 yard passes to the tight end.

Anyone can run a Shart/McElstain offense.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Shockley 2.0 soon cometh

The one thing that worries me about Mathis is Urban took his commitment. Urban has always done a great job of evaluating QB talent, but Urban also developed every QB he took. So, what does an Urban Meyer approved QB look like with Kirby Smart development? I would buy the ticket to find out.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The one thing that worries me about Mathis is Urban took his commitment. Urban has always done a great job of evaluating QB talent, but Urban also developed every QB he took. So, what does an Urban Meyer approved QB look like with Kirby Smart development? I would buy the ticket to find out.

I give Meyer a ton of credit and still think he’s top one or two coaches in the game. But in terms of QBs, he also took Josh Porto’s in 2005. He also Jordan Reed in the 2009 class, Trey Burton in the 2010 and then went for the trifecta with Driskel in 2011. I don’t blame him for Brantley because he never truly wanted him, but likewise don’t credit him for a diehard Gator fan an hour away that everyone m in new was a perfect fit. And pretty sure he inherited the two QBs at Ohio State. Generally I’d agree that he recognizes talent and is a great evaluator. But outside of Cam and Haskins, I don’t see him as someone who has demonstrated any type of eye for the QB position.

Also, keep in mind this is the dual threat QB that was a late throw in to uga’s class, since they needed someone to replace the dual threat QB who left because they didn’t understand how to use a dual threat QB. So good decision making seems like it waved goodbye a long time ago.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I give Meyer a ton of credit and still think he’s top one or two coaches in the game. But in terms of QBs, he also took Josh Porto’s in 2005. He also Jordan Reed in the 2009 class, Trey Burton in the 2010 and then went for the trifecta with Driskel in 2011. I don’t blame him for Brantley because he never truly wanted him, but likewise don’t credit him for a diehard Gator fan an hour away that everyone m in new was a perfect fit. And pretty sure he inherited the two QBs at Ohio State. Generally I’d agree that he recognizes talent and is a great evaluator. But outside of Cam and Haskins, I don’t see him as someone who has demonstrated any type of eye for the QB position.

Also, keep in mind this is the dual threat QB that was a late throw in to uga’s class, since they needed someone to replace the dual threat QB who left because they didn’t understand how to use a dual threat QB. So good decision making seems like it waved goodbye a long time ago.
I think the dwags were planning on the WF kid being the starter and now feel like this kid is their best option to run that offense.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
What’s going on at UGA...House of cards?

I would guess 1 of 2 things:

1. UGA has yet to have a DL drafted under Kirby.

2. Korey Foreman is trending to UGA.

Edit: Foreman picked up a crystal ball to LSU today. So who knows?

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’m gonna go with the former...Foreman isn’t going to UGA

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
that really worries me too.

after all Urban was the guy who thought Joe Burrow should never be on a football field.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
that really worries me too.

after all Urban was the guy who thought Joe Burrow should never be on a football field.

It is really incredible to think about: Urban has had two back up QBs who never started for him go elsewhere and win Heismans. Then he wins the national championship with a 3rd string QB. I’m convinced the guy just knows how to evaluate QBs.

The good news is Urban had Emory higher on his board than Mathis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.