Georgia kills UT 41-0....Vol fans fight each other in stands

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, I don't think Butch is going anywhere during the season. I think the remainder of the season would have to be a complete dumpster fire for him to go even then. Too much $$$ and no one wants to coach at UT.

You mean it isn't a dumpster fire now?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll summarize UT's bored comments with my added in red:
..1) they did have 102,000 plus in attendance, seated alternately in orange & white.
2) not having a QB coach on staff is malpractice.
3) Butch's program is beyond bad.
4) Botch is saving the 2 trick plays for the "Bye".
5) Botch doesn't care - just wants his buyout money & go somewhere of less stress.
6) One gives Jones an extension: "he'll be here two more months - so accept it".
7) followed 6 - If you promise he'll be gone, I can wait.
8) then following #7 = no one on staff, even, wants to be interim HC.
9) on new OC = will he have permission to use all 4 plays?
10) if he checks with Botch first.
11) it's year 5 and we don't have a QB that could start on any other SEC team.
12) Butch's scheme is a broken disaster. ... and UT is financially a broke disaster.
13) 5 years with 3 OC's.
14) We've run out of people to blame.

Our attendance has dropped greater % than theirs??

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ten7.jpeg

UT<> where every year is a rebilking year.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve read “The Energy Bus”. It’s actually not a bad business book.

I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

Ever

Bring it up in a football press conference. Holy shyt, dude...how many press conference turds are you going to lay at the podium. It’s great to be a Florida Gator...living in Tennessee. :)
giphy.gif

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Currie is and will be hard to read moving forward with this mess. Few people know a lot about him and his crew. I do know his first real test as AD is coming soon with what to do with Butch. I agree with Ox in that nothing is going to happen in the short term. However after the bye week and a poor showing or loss against SC, things may move quickly.
Couple of things to keep in mind. Notre Dame, Tex A&M and likely LSU will be shopping for a coach. Bigger yet is the new signing period. Ive been told up to 75% of the kids will sign early. This is something new that has to be taken into consideration and leads me to believe that if Tenn decides to make a move it will move swiftly.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Vol: It's weird that there are fans that want to keep him. It's like some kinda weird stockholm syndrome. We've had that problem too.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Vol: It's weird that there are fans that want to keep him. It's like some kinda weird stockholm syndrome. We've had that problem too.

I respect that the program is better now than before Butch arrived. Unlike when Butch arrived, there is a ton of talent, young talent on that roster. He is to thank for that. He's done a great job recruiting and rebuilding the brand. So I can see how a lot of folks are clinging to that. Also the 3 coaching changes the fans have went thru the last decade have not been pleasant. So maybe they are hesitant for that reason. For me its a big boy business and you're getting paid $11,000 a day, 365 days a year. 9-3 or he's done IMO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I respect that the program is better now than before Butch arrived. Unlike when Butch arrived, there is a ton of talent, young talent on that roster. He is to thank for that. He's done a great job recruiting and rebuilding the brand. So I can see how a lot of folks are clinging to that. Also the 3 coaching changes the fans have went thru the last decade have not been pleasant. So maybe they are hesitant for that reason. For me its a big boy business and you're getting paid $11,000 a day, 365 days a year. 9-3 or he's done IMO.
Call the AD if you don't mind and let him know we fully support Band Boy down here on Gatchat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.