Get on the hype train

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In my opinion it is more fun to be positive than negative even if it means you get your hopes crushed. So for all the other optomists out there.. here is an article that is sure to make you think we are going to win the playoff...OK... well at least that we are turning the corner

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/McElwain-As-good-a-two-a-day-as-Ive-ever-seen-38793383

McElwain: As good a two-a-day "as I've ever seen"
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida put together its best run of practices yet, leaving first-year head coach Jim McElwain very pleased coming out of Sunday's two-a-day.
The Gators moved the ball well offensively, leading McElwain to praise them profusely for really the first time in fall camp.
"I don't know that the defense would have said it was a great day," McElwain said. "At the same time, I thought that there was some real spark there.
"I’ve got to say, yesterday’s two-a-day was as good a back-to-back practices as I’ve ever seen. The energy, the attention to detail, the guys coming out prepared. Had a great night practice in full pads."
Both quarterbacks earned praise from McElwain for their performances, which McElwain said "probably had something to do with" the defense's so-so outing.
"Treon (Harris) did a great job in the red area, and we added an extra different pace to practice," McElwain said. "I thought he handled that really well as we moved forward.
"Will (Grier) had a really good two-minute (drill) in the morning and thought that his team move-the-field was really good. As we got to the exotic period, both guys handled that pretty good. And in the sudden change, which is something we're really working on, from a defensive standpoint as well, I thought they did a really good job there."
The offense has been a big focal point in camp, with McElwain repeatedly stressing that his team has to build some confidence. They have decent enough talent to move the ball against a very good defense in spurts, but they haven't been consistent enough.
McElwain's seen some change there recently, and both quarterbacks are looking to sustain the surge going into the third week of camp.
"We've just got to keep that energy, keep that excitement about the game like we had yesterday, keep that rolling moving forward and we'll continue to get better and build confidence," Grier said. "But it's definitely coming. At all positions we're starting to click, starting to get better."
Florida had issues with most parts of its passing game early in fall camp, and McElwain had been frustrated the team hadn't been able to catch easier passes and routes on air more consistently.
The quarterbacks and receivers have seemingly gotten the message. The deep ball still needs work, but the Gators are starting to figure out how to connect more routinely.
"For the most part, we're starting to make some free throws and make some open layups," McElwain said. "Probably not great on 3-pointers yet, but right now at least we're stroking the ball pretty decent."

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Always nice to see something positive. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the progress will continue.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac hasn't been very forthcoming at all with praising the team thus far in his short tenure, so for him to pull out the "best two-a-day practices I've ever seen" card is surprising and encouraging.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n262335 said:
Mac hasn't been very forthcoming at all with praising the team thus far in his short tenure, so for him to pull out the "best two-a-day practices I've ever seen" card is surprising and encouraging.

I think he realized how insecure this offensive unit is and has decided they need to be built up, instead of picked apart. I'd take that comment with a grain of salt, but any improvement is welcomed after what's been endured the last 4-5 years on that side of the ball.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n262298 said:
In my opinion it is more fun to be positive than negative even if it means you get your hopes crushed. So for all the other optomists out there.. here is an article that is sure to make you think we are going to win the playoff...OK... well at least that we are turning the corner

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Mc...-seen-38793383

Not sure what this is but I don't think I like the sound of it. :headscratch:

"....As we got to the exotic period, both guys handled that pretty good."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What are they doing to these young men?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All we need is an average offense in the 60-65 area nationally to win a bunch of games. The dildo with headphones we had on the sideline for the past four seasons couldn't get that through his thick and flea-infested Dawg skull.

GatorUrf10

Newb
Aug 10, 2015
Pretty obvious our O has been severely lacking confidence since Brantley and Addazio. Our issues on Offense are as much mental as they have been scheme related.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
GatorJB;n262307 said:
Always nice to see something positive. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the progress will continue.

You are right Climbing out from under the wreckage left by the Dawg Muschamp has been a slow and painful process. Finally the light is starting to shine through.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n262383 said:
All we need is an average offense in the 60-65 area nationally to win a bunch of games. The dildo with headphones we had on the sideline for the past four seasons couldn't get that through his thick and flea-infested Dawg skull.

I agree. With our D, if we can average only one more touchdown per game, we will win 3 or 4 more games than last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.