Getting to know Luke Del Rio

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I smell what you are stepping in, I agree that Leak was an awesome College QB, and was a great Gator. However if given the opportunity to have a Spurrier, Tebow, or Wurffel, I would select any one of those over Leak as our QB. That is all I am saying.

On Wuerffel starting as freshman, you forget that he split A LOT of time with Terry Dean. Dean still had 1651 yard and 17 TDs that year while Wuerffel had 2231 yards and 22 TDs (both had 10 INTs).

I can't fault you for that. Those are all great Gators. I just couldn't get my head around suggesting Leak wasn't elite. We may just have another Spurrier on our hands. Word on the street is Franks can kick FG's. He'd make The Ol' Ball Coach proud.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
My point on the #12 as our QB is that there have been a lot of busts. Doug Johnson, Terry Dean, and John Brantley come to mind.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm taking a leak right now

Careful...don't drop your phone...

Dropping-phone-in-the-toilet-GIF.gif

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think Luke can do well in this system. If you watch our games the receivers have been open we just haven't had a good QB to get it to them. On an off note, I would've loved to have seen what Mac could've done with Driskel this year. To those that continue to downplay Driskel's success this year: newsflash, he may be playing against lesser competition but he also has lesser talent on his team than he did here at UF. It goes both ways. For any QB to throw for over 4000 yards in a season at any team is pretty damn impressive if I do say so myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly on Driskel and his competition. Sure, he's playing lesser talented competition, but he's also playing WITH lesser talent. I've been impressed and have no doubts he would have succeeded under McElwain....and would have beaten out Grier, IMO.

On Del Rio, I think he starts game 1 and never looks back. Franks can take his time developing/learning and we'll see an improved offense.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Now that we realy know LDR some may want see what their thoughts were back in Dec.
I know l8rgator and he gave a first hand account of his abilities and was blasted pretty good by a few posters. We've had a few laughs about him being called a troll but it's obvious his observations were spot on and he hasn't improved a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator