GNFP Film Breakdown of Offense vs UToothless

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
TLDR
I only caught a bit of it. After last week's I thought we were screwed but we made changes from what little I watched. Right plays, AR ran them wrong. And also wrong plays.
I can't see any of that shyt in real time.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I love watching these breakdowns, even if it is over an hour.

I won't watch the defensive breakdown though. I just don't have it in me.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really enjoy the breakdowns, but I have to watch them in pieces over several days. The offensive film so far is encoraging. The plays early were simple to see how UT would respond, then they called better plays as the game went on.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like top billin. Does a good breakdown and and it's only like 15 minutes

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I really enjoy the breakdowns, but I have to watch them in pieces over several days. The offensive film so far is encoraging. The plays early were simple to see how UT would respond, then they called better plays as the game went on.
Im the same. Gotta give him credit, he is knowledgable and puts a lot of time in putting these things together. Just really insightful

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, I'm halfway finished. UT copied UK's defensive gameplan assuming AR couldn't complete a pass. Well he could Saturday, and made them pay often. AR was night and day different compared to the UK game. That doesn't mean he was perfect. The first and only failed 4th down attempt was because AR went rouge and didn't run the play as designed. That should have been a huge play. He's still a young guy and is learning. I think we'll continue to see improvement as he gains experience.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll stump for @ltraz - Billy needs an OC - it's obvious.
He called a pretty good game Saturday. James said it was his best so far. There were only a handful of plays that weren't good, and the plays we groan about the most would have worked if executed better. Those can be chalked up to a young guy making a mistake or UT just winning a one on one battle on the line of scrimmage.

The offense had to be perfect in this game to win, which is a tall order with a young QB in a brand new system. But the gameplan was overall sound. Napier knew UT would copy UK's defensive approach, and the plays were there to be made. I'm convinced the same was true against UK too. AR just couldn't complete simple high school stuff then. He made some big time reads and throws Sat.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
At this point, I'm halfway finished. UT copied UK's defensive gameplan assuming AR couldn't complete a pass. Well he could Saturday, and made them pay often. AR was night and day different compared to the UK game. That doesn't mean he was perfect. The first and only failed 4th down attempt was because AR went rouge and didn't run the play as designed. That should have been a huge play. He's still a young guy and is learning. I think we'll continue to see improvement as he gains experience.
I freely admit to having bought into the AR hype this past off-season and thought he'd be a Heisman finalist and a top 5 pick. He's clearly not any of that (yet, hopefully) and, barring dramatic improvement the rest of the way this year, I now firmly believe he'd be far better served by coming back next year.

It'll be interesting to see if he recognizes it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Then don't watch it. :crazy:

Have you ever actually read a book longer and more complex than a Dick-and-Jane type?
No.

Look, I barely have the time to watch a Florida football game. It’s why I usually record them and watch later so I can fast forward. Some of us don’t have the extra time to make 3D printing, although very cool.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
He made the same mistake on the fumble. They were blocking for him outside and had the numbers but he tried to run inside where there as no lane.

No surprise to anyone but we live or die with AR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator