Go Navy! Beat Army!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Blah blah blah. This guy is full of excuses and fails to mention the size disparity that he took advantage of in that game for many seasons. Army players had to make ht/wt regularly, Navy did not, allowing their linemen to be a lot bigger during the season.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Blah blah blah. This guy is full of excuses and fails to mention the size disparity that he took advantage of in that game for many seasons. Army players had to make ht/wt regularly, Navy did not, allowing their linemen to be a lot bigger during the season.
I’m starting to get the feeling you didn’t care much for the guy. I could be wrong, maybe I’m just misreading the room.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I can just imagine the texts that AD was getting during the game. I bet his phone was blowing up. He was probably raging by the time he got down to the locker room to fire that coach.
"WHAT the FK this idiot wearin around he neck?? Do he KNOW he represent a military cademy? smh".
"This fk coach has G2G. WTF was that sht. TTYL"
"gone trnya run play at goal FTW and this nigga fumble tht sht. Fire this bitch-ass coach. smh"
"ICYMI this coach suck ass."
"Your wife hay WAP."

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Not sure about the Naval Academy, but at least up into the 90's, West Point guys were given a waiver (up to how much I don't know) on ht/wt standards and then given a set amount of time once on active duty to get down within the allowed body fat percentage. I knew 2 linemen, both were Field Artillery guys, and it was a "forever struggle" for them. I trained a batch that were CB types and a TE, they didn't have any trouble cutting down between the end of the season and commissioning/active duty the next May.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure about the Naval Academy, but at least up into the 90's, West Point guys were given a waiver (up to how much I don't know) on ht/wt standards and then given a set amount of time once on active duty to get down within the allowed body fat percentage. I knew 2 linemen, both were Field Artillery guys, and it was a "forever struggle" for them. I trained a batch that were CB types and a TE, they didn't have any trouble cutting down between the end of the season and commissioning/active duty the next May.
Send all the fat guys to tank units, they will blend in.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Send all the fat guys to tank units, they will blend in.
As I said, Field Artillery for the lineman... towed artillery and M109's are roomy enough for them. :lol: In all seriousness, I think that FA was the only combat arms option some of the OL types could get due to their size. The one guy I knew was like 6'3" and weight aside, I don't think his shoulders would go through the hatches on an M1, let alone Bradley. I remember when the '85 Bears (after the super bowl) came to visit us on the East German border, most of them could only get into our M3's with the ramp down!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A more recent academy grad I know indicated the last 10 years or so army had to make ht/wt multiple times per year and that it didn't apply to the other academies.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Your B2s and advanced US satellites owe us your greatest USAF respects— apologies to us forever, sailors

dD6vc2D.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.