Go Navy! Beat Army!

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
The uniforms for this one are pretty badass!

That being said….Go Army! Beat Navy!

Funny that Army is wearing Old Ironsides uniforms. A division whose nicknamed after the nickname of the oldest Navy man-of-war.

Too bad Navy didn't wear a uniform that honors the real Old Ironsides!

Go Navy! Beat Army!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Navy also released their dog on the cadets.

200.gif

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I was Army, Dad and brother was Navy, one Uncle was Army and Marine “different times of course”, another Uncle was just Marine.
what was this about I done forgot, just kidding.
Go Army

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Dad served armored division for 4y after UF. His dad was career army. Neither cared about football.

Neighbor (the mom) is a total ncaaf nut, and her son is a first year at Navy (Marksman scholarship), so I’ll pull for navy in this one.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My father was very confused about this game. He served in the Army in WWII. He was part of the Army Air Corp. He stayed in the reserves and retired as an Air Force bird colonel. As a civilian he worked in the Navy and retired as a GS-16.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
:lol:
I stipulate that I am always happy to learn that my pilot is Navy trained, carrier experience is the best. My brother and his wife are both 20+ year retired Navy veterans. My sister did 10 years in the Navy and her husband did a full 20+ of active and reserve duty in the Navy. (They met at OCS.)

BUT our oldest son is active duty Army, so we cheer for the black and gold.

Furthermore, Navy proves Army’s superiority through their reliance on the ground game. Water Polo is more their element.

GO ARMY!

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Have had a few relatives attend Canoe U and several friends.

Technically, the Marines are (the Men's) Department of the Navy, so for this game only...

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'll be honest, I've always wanted to attend an Army-Navy game. I hate this 'neutral field' thing going on in Philly, and I'd want to attend a game at each home field. Annapolis is only 2h, but West Point is 3.5h...I'd still make the drive. Wife loves ncaaf enough she'd be up for it. Someday.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Grew up in P'cola and spent much time at NAS watching the Blues and in Scouts. IF our elite University had had a Navy ROTC unit, I would have been a naval aviator. On the other hand, my dad and father in law were both in the Army Air Forces (B-17s and B-29s), two uncles were in the Army (Patton's 3rd and a Medic in the Pacific) and the Air Force is descended from the Army. Conflicted am I. Oh, heck, Go Navy.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Go Navy, Fk Army!
Spent 6 years in the Navy. Have been out a LONG time. Mighty Mo turing nine 16 inch guns to one side and blasting in unison, watching a ship that heavy move 20-30 feet in the opposite direction, then hearing the boom a second later is still one of the most impressive things I have ever experienced in my life.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Spent 6 years in the Navy. Have been out a LONG time. Mighty Mo turing nine 16 inch guns to one side and blasting in unison, watching a ship that heavy move 20-30 feet in the opposite direction, then hearing the boom a second later is still one of the most impressive things I have ever experienced in my life.
I know the Navy says Iowa and Missouri are inefficient and unnecessary and expensive. But I have always thought having a ship that big with guns that powerful that can anchor in most any country's' harbor and sling 16" shells 30 miles has some very impressive psychological value. Add in the fact that most, if not all, military forces today do not have the capability to seriously degrade those ships without resorting to nukes and you've got real gunboat diplomacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator