This game ...
Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS
drunk nothing GIF

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Classic ending.
Navy fumbles going in for a TD in Overtime.
Army recovers then kicks the FG to win it.

Army now 5 of last 7.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When I picked them up, it was the owner that gave them back to me and he said "nice shoes, how old are they?" When I told him 30 years and that I just saddle soap and shine them, he said, "they're really good shoes, keep doing that and they'll last another 30."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's funny... at first, I hated shining shoes/boots. Then you learn, then appreciate, why it is important to do so whether in uniform or out. Trenches in Ukraine are demonstrating why you shine your boots in a time when just 1 year ago, people were convinced "we'll NEVER see that kind of war again!" Also, I have a pair of really nice dress shoes that I actually bought in Gainesville in 1989. I still have and wear that same pair of shoes. About 2 years ago, I took them to a really good local cowboy boot place and asked if they could resole them. When I picked them up, it was the owner that gave them back to me and he said "nice shoes, how old are they?" When I told him 30 years and that I just saddle soap and shine them, he said, "they're really good shoes, keep doing that and they'll last another 30."

This. Still wear shoes that I’ve had since 2005. Saddle soap and shining(and quality to start with). Never was in the service, but shine my shoes every Sunday. Youngest does it now.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Used to love shining boots. When at Ft Jackson I commanded a bct company. We were still in business and black boots. Bought a heat gun and used that to work in the wax. Made them look like glass.

Oh yeah, the homos from Annapolis lost, but I typically don't like academy grads so I don't care either way.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That guy who fumbled at the 1-yard line should be stripped of his commission and sent down to Parris Island to work in the scullery.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Somebody for one of these academies needs to bring is an offense that is at least capable of throwing ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.