Grantham and Hevesy fired

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Almost makes me want to sign up for twitter again.

So exactly who forced Dopey Dan to hire "the best defensive coordinator in the country"? And who pushed for doubling his salary when "the Bengals were thinking about hiring him" (no one in Ohio even mentioned him as being under consideration)?

He pushed for that DC and pushed for the contract. Im sort of glad SS made him choke on it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

To add to Bait'n's point, these are the types of statements that make it overwhelmingly obvious that Mullen's time is done. As much as I understand the desire to have beat writers be more objective and call things out, I also get where these guys are coming from. Because they can't afford to have the relationship become adversarial or they may just get stonewalled by the coach and program. So when they start making comments like this, or some of what de la Torre said following the uga game, it tells you they're not worried about having access cut off. No one in their right minds thinks this persists beyond November.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here's to help them along with their planning...

Thanks, but we've decided to meet in Waycross, GA.

Seems out of the way, but Joe insisted.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
damn Donk you were a good looking guy in your 20's
That really does look like AKA, doesnt it? Does Postal allow their employees to moonlight?

Last edited:

Dr Luke

Nov 8, 2021
First time caller.

The most frustrating part of the presser was that he had no idea why the team did not play well. He literally said he didn't know why. "Had a great week of practice." Then talked about how he didn't need to motivate players and if they need motivation then they should not be there.

Beating my head against the wall bc of people who think that was a good presser.

they kept the chat off and disabled comments as well.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
he decided (after seeing the worst defense in the history of the program) to keep his buddy...and it blew up right in his face.
Can you imagine mullen considering firing grantham, taking a deep breath, and saying to himself "I just don't want to replace a DC. I don't know any and it means more work for me"?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Mark Twain

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
not sure if it's been discussed, because i don't have time to read everything and catch up, but the fact that there are reporters calling for Dan to be fired is bad news. Usually they wait to talk sh!t until after the firing.
Hell yeah! It is absolutely after the firing.

Before the firing, at most, some vague references about message board noise innthe system etc.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The last two people he hired before Granthem were worse.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Never regret Wing Stop wings.. never.... the next morning is just further payment for that little bit of heaven you experienced.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First time caller.

The most frustrating part of the presser was that he had no idea why the team did not play well. He literally said he didn't know why. "Had a great week of practice." Then talked about how he didn't need to motivate players and if they need motivation then they should not be there.

Beating my head against the wall bc of people who think that was a good presser.

they kept the chat off and disabled comments as well.
Welcome to Gatorchatter Dr. Luke!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are we going to the **** stain bowl again. Instead of Lane shytting his pants, the whole damn team will

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator