Grantham spurns Bengals, stays at UF

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Any linkys???
A tweet was posted after we lost warren to uga. We were 11th in the conference in assistant coach pay. I'm not digging through that thread but I'm not using swamp donkey facts. It was definitely posted here.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A tweet was posted after we lost warren to uga. We were 11th in the conference in assistant coach pay. I'm not digging through that thread but I'm not using swamp donkey facts. It was definitely posted here.
I posted that. He was making $250k here and UGAy is paying him $750k

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It would a be mistake not to hear an NFL job out because of the low number of those positions, and to keep your name in the marketplace.
Hopefully Mullen has some really good replacements lined up for when Grantham bolts.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Mullen has some really good replacements lined up for when Grantham bolts.

As any Coach should, I'm not the biggest Grantham fan... But it's just being a smart professional to go to that interview... just like Mullen in his position should have a list of candidates to replace him always ready.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn’t interviewing even if you weren’t interested in the job be good for your career? Keep your name out there as someone who the NFL was interested in......and you turned down.
Good point. Take the rest of the year off.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
screen-shot-2019-02-12-at-11.23.13-am.png

He averages 1.5 years per stop.

3 years as a Dwag before they encouraged him to move on to a CUSA school.

s-TODD-GRANTHAM-CHOKE-SIGN-large.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

images

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I mean it's not like the LB's we are working with were really all that talented.
It is one thing two be not particularly talented. It is another to be out of position more often than not.

Id like to hear some specific examples of how the LBs improved. David Reese #33 was a runstopper who was poor in coverage and is the same now. Shawn Joseph was a blitzer who didnt do anything else well both before and after.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
As any Coach should, I'm not the biggest Grantham fan... But it's just being a smart professional to go to that interview... just like Mullen in his position should have a list of candidates to replace him always ready.

Really smart coaches make that part of their process. From the start, you let your subordinates know that you understand that they might need to go elsewhere and you fully support them the entire time they are working foro you. That means if they have aspirations to go from position coach to coordinator you help them in anyway you can ... as long as they are doing a good job. So, you tell them from the get go ... you want a running list of who they think should be their replacement. You also try to get them to understand that they have a huge role in coaching up their positional assistants to become coordinators (if they want). Hierarchy that moves up and sideways (peripheral knowledge is underrated) is what you want on your teams.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No I didn’t say to bench him but I don’t see how that doesn’t get fixed for three SEC games in a row is all and that was about Robinson “improving” the LB play and honestly they left a lot to be desired even on run support
Improve my ass.

Youd be hard pressed to name anythingnthe LBs OR safeties did well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Reminds that he turned the Raiders down and stayed at Louisville at one point and that he hasn't even listened to sideways moves at the NCAA level.
What do you call Ugly to Loooovul?

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Players love playing for him.

Recruits are flocking here to play for him.

We generate turnovers as well as 3 and outs. ( every one knows we have to tighten up the busted plays)

Now gives good time to prep for a replacement when that time comes.

We now have continuity of staff and system going into year 2.

Some here are absolutely miserable about this......SMH

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator