Grantham spurns Bengals, stays at UF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yeah, it is the Dwag thing for sure.

I dont mind the defense. Actually I like it if he'd sell out just a smidge less.... say play DTs at DT instead of DEs at DT to get that extra pass rush.

This is good. Of course it is good. I just got my hopes up thinking we could improve at DC AND get the Dwag stink out in one fell swoop.

Hopefully we will play better despite losing Jachai just bc the kids understand the system better and hopefully we have mo talent in the secondary.

I coined him Joe Lee Dunn Jr. for a reason. Regardless of all the coachspeak you hear when a new staff arrives (i.e. "there is no system, we coach to the talent we have and their strengths"), it is all horseshyt. They all only know about one thing or one system and 99.9% of them can't change, ever.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
I think we only had 2 similar opponents. Oddly enough, we both held lsu to 19 points. I think our D held UK to slightly less points than msu did.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have confidence in Mullen, zero in Mr. Choke Sign. There is a reason he doesn't stay in one place that long, and it isn't because he is a wanted commodity.
I could have sworn the Bengals just made him their top DC candidate and he told them to take a flying **** at a rolling donut.

The hate flowing through some of you guys is bordering on a mental illness at this point.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In his first season at Florida (and second under Dan Mullen), Grantham’s defense finished 20th in the nation in scoring defense (20.0 points a game) last season and produced an SEC-high 26 turnovers. The Gators gave up just 343.3 yards a game and recorded 37 sacks.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Was out tonight with some old friends and one of them mentioned another mutual friend played w/ Grantham at Va Tech. I had forgotten that and asked what our mutual friend thought. To no ones surprise here, he said “He thinks Grantham's a douche.”
So my question is, how good does our D have to be next year before we say “he’s our douche?”

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Was out tonight with some old friends and one of them mentioned another mutual friend played w/ Grantham at Va Tech. I had forgotten that and asked what our mutual friend thought. To no ones surprise here, he said “He thinks Grantham's a douche.”
So my question is, how good does our D have to be next year before we say “he’s our douche?”
Name a good coach that isn’t a douche.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sorry but I haven't read all 24+ pages and counting...heck I can't even count that high while high or normal...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You can pay him 2 million a year but at the end of the day he's still todd Grantham. Can't believe we're paying him Brent venables type of money.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Which mullens O? The one at the beginning of the year or the end? I agree yards are a good indicator, but winning the yardage battle is less important than the points. Turnovers were equal in both games, unless you are just referring to what part of the field they happened at. Maybe I'm just missing your point, unless you just simply like one coordinator over another.

Theres just so.many variables. If it's just a case of you really respecting shoop, I get it. I really haven't ever heard too much about him, so I really dont know. Similar to don brown, he had one or 2 good years against suspect competition and many revere him. Both coaches could be studs, or they could be overrated, I dont know.

I do know I'm happy with Mullen&Grantham and think things will only improve .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.