Grantham STAYING; assistant coach hires & fires

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Not sure who this Tyson douchebag is, but he is entitled to his opinion. If he wants to make the argument that Cousin Eddie is an elite play called b/c of the total points scored this season, fine, but I disagree b/c elite play callers do not run QB power 2 plays in a row with a QB who had concrete boots for wheels. Being an elite game planner goes way beyond offense. And calling Cousin Eddie a very good head coach is laughable. Week after week after week, the guys who break down tape cite simple, double digit mistakes that are directly assigned to coaching. And if you are the HC, those mistakes fall squarely on the HC.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Please football gods, let the NFL fire some more coaches after Sunday, and let some dumb owner hire this idiot. Amen.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Dan is just setting himself up for next years scape goat. That will be Todd. My guess is Dan will can Todd at the end of next year. That will get Dan to the 22 season and another $6M+. If he can somehow go 9-3 in 22, he'll probably get one more shot in 23 and get fired then after another loss to Kirby. If he loses 4 or more in 22, he'll get the boot then.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please football gods, let the NFL fire some more coaches after Sunday, and let some dumb owner hire this idiot. Amen.

He’ll never get hired by the NFL – but if he did…

Imagine if he got hired by a team and his GM drafted Trask. How funny would that be?

I think that would be his nightmare.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dan is just setting himself up for next years scape goat. That will be Todd. My guess is Dan will can Todd at the end of next year. That will get Dan to the 22 season and another $6M+. If he can somehow go 9-3 in 22, he'll probably get one more shot in 23 and get fired then after another loss to Kirby. If he loses 4 or more in 22, he'll get the boot then.

any sub-.500 year would speed up the process

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wait.... did he fire Torrian Gray?!?!?

Imo, from what I know, no. Gray was looking to leave and did so of his own accord. Doesn’t diminish blame if he wasn’t meshing with Grantham, just don’t think he was Mullen that made this call.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Imo, from what I know, no. Gray was looking to leave and did so of his own accord. Doesn’t diminish blame if he wasn’t meshing with Grantham, just don’t think he was Mullen that made this call.

Wow so it is confirmed he left?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Every one of the defensive coaches needs to go. Every fuching one of them. They all had a hand in producing the WORST GATOR DEFENSE EVER. If that’s not bad enough, it happened during a year with possibly our most prolific offense of all time.
I still wonder if the administration won’t sign off on firing Slob Grantham because of his buyout or if Mullen is keeping him around by his own choice?

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
What great defensive recruit is dying to be a part of these defensive schemes? I bet there are not any. Gotta improve the coaches to improve the recruiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.