Great offensive effort, defense not so much

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I noticed alot of different names today, did we play younger players or just a matter of injuries/ clean out? Thanks

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
I think maybe getting rid Cox was helpful. If there was any truth in the rumors that he had a rotten attitude it was a good thing and we played better today. Still not SEC caliber defense but better.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Before we fall in love with the defense, let's not forget that A&M entered the game with the 94th-ranked offense.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You must've shut the game off after the half. I saw a defense come out with purpose in the 2nd half and play well.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Worst take in the history of GCMB. Defense played stellar in second half and won the game.

I think this was a true team effort. Offense did their jobs and executed pretty well; defense pitched a shutout in the 2nd half and got a timely turnover when A&M was driving and threatening to score to cut the 10 pt lead.

Even had a few nice returns on Special Teams, though the missed FG takes away from that somewhat.

Still, a good team win. Need one more win to get to bowl eligibility; and we can beat all of the teams left on the schedule.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And doing it well. Sheesh.

Nobody is saying we’re a great team, but let’s revel in a rare road win. Plenty of time for honest retrospection starting tomorrow.

I'm definitely happy over it. I saw good things.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Critical moment in the game when Napier let the clock run down with 3 timeouts left at the end of the half.
Knowing damned well A&M gets the ball to start the 2nd half.
I thought, we were looking at 31-20 and that was ballgame.

Defense gets a stop, we get a score and that was all we needed.

Great team win, and I'll take it and move on.

I'm going to need a strong showing the rest of this season to get my confidence back in AR and this staff.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We played well against a lousy team. The final score is reflective of that. More than anything, I believe this will give our team some much needed confidence. Any road win in the SEC is a good win.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
A&M right now:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online