Grier gets the nod at Kentucky

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And we may FINALLY have a decent QB starting and some on here think it should be the other guy, who come on, on any other roster would be a backup. Mind boggling.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n280880 said:
And we may FINALLY have a decent QB starting and some on here think it should be the other guy, who come on, on any other roster would be a backup. Mind boggling.
:racist:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n280876 said:
Sounds about right. :facepalm:

And then you look at the list of starters at QB from 2007-09.

Tebow.

And then you look at the list of starters at QB from 2004-06.

Leak

:facepalm:

Even during the Zook years there wasn't much turnover in the QB position. It was Rex for the most part.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n280886 said:
Even during the Zook years there wasn't much turnover in the QB position. It was Rex for the most part.

Well Rex in '02, then Ingle Martin briefly in '03 before Leak took over for the, wait for it............road game at Kentucky. :scratchchin:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n280895 said:
Well Rex in '02, then Ingle Martin briefly in '03 before Leak took over for the, wait for it............road game at Kentucky. :scratchchin:
:shocked:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n280491 said:
He was 7 for 8 with a TD and 10-7 lead on his first 4 drives, with a second TD being taken away because of a ridiculous PI call. Then he was taken out.

Saying he he was given a shot to run away with the job is silly, or must mean Mac has an completely unrealistic expectation for the position. I'm going with the first.

Then he threw two in the dirt and a couple that could have easily been ints. Those made the difference in my view, which could be incorrect of course.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Whether you agree with decision or not, he's our starter and we need to get behind him. Go Gators!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n280872 said:
And Grier's 3 should've been picks.... If you give him credit, he gets blame too.

For the love of god, if you want to start tallying up near or shoulda been interceptions, start by tallying up the ones thrown by the guy you're always :nutswinger: from. Treon has thrown more lame ducks and floating pick invites than any qb in gator memory. Even driskel didnt float them up for grabs as often as treon does; the only thing keeping treons pick numbers from being off the charts is that he rarely decides to actually throw the ball!

Just admit it, deep down you wanted those throws to be picked off, its pretty obvious at this point :facepalm:

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Giving Grier the start, and saying they are gonna stick with the hot hand sounds like the coaches want Grier to win the job this week. Hopefully he seized the opportunity and ends this craziness.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n280932 said:
For the love of god, if you want to start tallying up near or shoulda been interceptions, start by tallying up the ones thrown by the guy you're always :nutswinger: from. Treon has thrown more lame ducks and floating pick invites than any qb in gator memory. Even driskel didnt float them up for grabs as often as treon does; the only thing keeping treons pick numbers from being off the charts is that he rarely decides to actually throw the ball!

Just admit it, deep down you wanted those throws to be picked off, its pretty obvious at this point :facepalm:

Treon doesn't have near the arm strength that Grier does, but he seems to take less chances because he knows he can't make some of the throws Grier can. Neither is without flaws, but I must admit Grier has the higher ceiling. One can argue Treon gives us the better chance to win with our roster because he's the safer bet, but I can see the flip side, as well. Like I've said before, I just want to win the next couple of games...no matter who's behind center.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;280932 said:

Driskel and Treon should never be mentioned in the same sentence together..... Treon isn't perfect but he's worlds better than driskel. And no, I'm happy they weren't picks but I'm saying you want to point out treons couple of failed red zone drives but not grier's near picks???? Double standard it seems.... I'm behind Grier but i hate seeing a fellow Gator player that we will need this year being compared to one of our worst Qb's in history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n280945 said:
Driskel and Treon should never be mentioned in the same sentence together..... Treon isn't perfect but he's worlds better than driskel. And no, I'm happy they weren't picks but I'm saying you want to point out treons couple of failed red zone drives but not grier's near picks???? Double standard it seems.... I'm behind Grier but i hate seeing a fellow Gator player that we will need this year being compared to one of our worst Qb's in history.

You may not have been around last year when I was screaming for Treon over Jeffy, so I'll let that go. Fact is most of us just want to see the best players out on the field. 4 years of Muschamp brought out the worst in me, I'll be the first to admit it. I don't think Treon is a bad QB at all, but he's simply not as good as Grier. What does piss me off is when the stink of Muschamp lingers because some fans have bought into his "play not to lose" mentality, especially when it comes to the QB position.

This is Florida. We invented the Fun n Gun. We are excitement on offense and we're going to try to hang 70 on you if we can and then rub your face in it after the fact. That's what I want to go back to and we're not going to get there with a guy who's afraid to throw the football to wide open receivers. It really is as simple as that for me.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n280864 said:
How's this for a stat:

@GatorsScott: Will Grier first #Gators QB to throw multiple TD passes in consecutive games since John Brantley in 2010.
Let's hope and pray that he isn't another Brantley.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;280945 said:
I'm saying you want to point out treons couple of failed red zone drives but not grier's near picks????

Nope, not even close. I'm saying if YOU want to point out griers near picks, then point out treons as well. He had 3 in the first game alone. So basically they're a wash in that dept. Moving past that issue since they are dead even on it, one guy consistently moves the offense and finds guys down the field, the other can't find his open men, is hesitant to pass if he does, and ends up scrambling around the backfield while us fans hold our breath hoping that disaster doesn't strike. Ya feel me?

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Grier > Treon. Treon knows it, Grier knows it, the fans know it, but most importantly, the coaches know it. Not to take anything away from Treon, but Grier gives us the best opportunity to win. Grier is the future of Gator football; he needs to to understand this and shoulder that responsibility. It's as simple as that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;281030 said:
So now do we get to see Harris on the field at something other than QB?
Doubtful in my opinion, can't risk him getting hurt in the event Grier does at some point as well. I also think we are over estimating his athletic capabilities. He scrambles around a bit when there's some space but that's not even close to the same as lining up and creating space for yourself downfield to make a play. Personally don't think he'd be much for a db to cover.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well Grier gets his shot to prove he's the guy tomorrow night, hopefully he plays well.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n281042 said:
Well Grier gets his shot to prove he's the guy tomorrow night, hopefully he plays well.

Or else you'll be here Sunday morning to say "told you so"???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.