Grier gets the nod at Kentucky

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;281049 said:
Or else you'll be here Sunday morning to say "told you so"???
That'd be my guess :lol:

It's cool though claw, your still my boy. :fistbump:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n281049 said:
Or else you'll be here Sunday morning to say "told you so"???

Ha, not at all. Mac knows more than I know and I'd love to see Grier throw it all over Kentucky's defense.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n281041 said:
Doubtful in my opinion, can't risk him getting hurt in the event Grier does at some point as well. I also think we are over estimating his athletic capabilities. He scrambles around a bit when there's some space but that's not even close to the same as lining up and creating space for yourself downfield to make a play. Personally don't think he'd be much for a db to cover.

Point taken.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n281015 said:
Nope, not even close. I'm saying if YOU want to point out griers near picks, then point out treons as well. He had 3 in the first game alone. So basically they're a wash in that dept. Moving past that issue since they are dead even on it, one guy consistently moves the offense and finds guys down the field, the other can't find his open men, is hesitant to pass if he does, and ends up scrambling around the backfield while us fans hold our breath hoping that disaster doesn't strike. Ya feel me?
You forgot to add "buttlick".

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have thought all along that Mac wants Grier to be his QB. There may be more smoke and mirrors in this rotation than we know. I also felt that TH would start the opener. He's been a starter, won games, etc. But there's something to look at with Mac's decision this week. To start Grier, in consecutive weeks, opening SEC play, and on the road.....I think his choice is made. So now its up to Grier to produce what Mac is wanting. If Grier comes in and gets a hot hand I think this team will respond like it hasn't in a long time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n280860 said:
And Grier thowing ill advised passes that luckily weren't intercepted.
I agree he did, but I'd rather that both Grier and Treon have a lil gunslinger in them. Shane, Danny and Rexy had it. It's ok if they are smart about it, ie not late in the game with the game on the line.

Remember that the guys playing DB are there for a reason... because they can't catch well enough to be receivers. We will win most of those.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n280880 said:
And we may FINALLY have a decent QB starting and some on here think it should be the other guy, who come on, on any other roster would be a backup. Mind boggling.
Sorry, that isn't true. Both would be starting at almost any other SEC school not named Cowbell.

To the others, take a breath and let it play out. I'm sure Mac has this thing. Coacing QBs he knows, well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n280969 said:
You may not have been around last year when I was screaming for Treon over Jeffy, so I'll let that go. Fact is most of us just want to see the best players out on the field. 4 years of Muschamp brought out the worst in me, I'll be the first to admit it. I don't think Treon is a bad QB at all, but he's simply not as good as Grier. What does piss me off is when the stink of Muschamp lingers because some fans have bought into his "play not to lose" mentality, especially when it comes to the QB position.

This is Florida. We invented the Fun n Gun. We are excitement on offense and we're going to try to hang 70 on you if we can and then rub your face in it after the fact. That's what I want to go back to and we're not going to get there with a guy who's afraid to throw the football to wide open receivers. It really is as simple as that for me.
You do have Friends!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n281041 said:
Doubtful in my opinion, can't risk him getting hurt in the event Grier does at some point as well. I also think we are over estimating his athletic capabilities. He scrambles around a bit when there's some space but that's not even close to the same as lining up and creating space for yourself downfield to make a play. Personally don't think he'd be much for a db to cover.

IDK - I think Harris would be pretty good in the slot. He's pretty shifty when he's running the ball from what I've seen. Question is, can he catch?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;281279 said:
IDK - I think Harris would be pretty good in the slot. He's pretty shifty when he's running the ball from what I've seen. Question is, can he catch?
Well, I think when a pocket breaks down and the db's are covering receivers downfield, it's a lot easier to get upfield if there's a little space to move. It's a whole different ballgame when a db has you marked and is covering you from the start. Either way id be surprised if we see it bc if he got hurt then we'd have no backup.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He survived, and is a work in progress. Tougher SEC teams will eat this oline up and he'll have happy feet even more. He just needs to watch the turnovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.