Grier vs Harris (Courtesy of Goldkamp)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My God, that was so frustrating. He constantly pulled up in front of first down markers. I'll never forget the stadium going insane because Tim would pick up those first downs because Leak would not. Leak was constantly criticized because of that.
I remember yelling at the screen every time he did it, but I'd take him as our starter again anytime. The guy threw a beautiful pass and would be dominant in the right system. Smart kid that represented himself and Gator Nation extremely well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember yelling at the screen every time he did it, but I'd take him as our starter again anytime. The guy threw a beautiful pass and would be dominant in the right system. Smart kid that represented himself and Gator Nation extremely well.

Excellent quarterback.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps the most important stat is the one that was absent from the OP. Time. We've gotten better, a lot better over the past three months. It's impossible to say what Grier could have done with this team at this stage.

Treon's the guy and I love him. Forge on.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It would be fun to have seen chris leak in mac's system.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Leak was black? Don't know how that's germane to the conversation. But whatever.

He did catch too much crap during his time here. Yes his ability to find the first down marker was frustrating, but that issue was overblown because Tebow was in the wings. I certainly would take Chris over anybody we've had since. And I will punch you in your internet nose if you say anything bad about him.

Listing my favorite Gator QBs (since 79'). Certainly Danny and Tim. After that in chronological order; Kerwin, Shane, Rex and Chris. I doubt Treon makes that list. Will looked poised to make it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"Treon throws 10 yard Hail Marys."

As QB, Treon has "battled" through his own haphazard play. Treon happens to
be decent at ad-libbing "4-6 yard Hail Marys" ?-- we count lapse hang-time
while worried the ball might not reach the receiver before the DB reaches it = INT or
batted down. Too often it seems luck, just barely in time.

Now, with QB Grier, the ball gets fired before our eyes are ready to follow it (& also DBs).
Grier "fire-fits it in" and our WRs, TEs have learned to grab it fast and go =YACs really
mount up. WG more frequently hits WRs,TEs in stride = more YACs. I prefer what
that QB brings.

This year's 9-1 season is spectacular. Our one loss was, just barely, to LSU under
Treon's flimsy 4th Quarter. LSU has since shown to be a loss-worthy team, so a
Grier-led team likely would have left us unbeaten.

Now, Treon is improving just slightly, yet may, from here on, create more controlled
more certainty-wins via catching on to the QB coaching and practicing to become
more accomplished. Hope to see it all unleashed on FSU

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Tebow, on the other hand, couldn't cut it at the next level because he was too tall, too fast, and too brave.
And you're the one sitting at home talking trash about our Qb, oh how successful you are! I think most everyone knows at this point that Grier is a better Qb to the eye test and we'd be better with him, no reason to call treon a "Midget". Bet you didn't call Leak a midget who was only 6'0, dumbass.

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

Chris Leak was a fairly good college QB, but he would not have won a championship trophy without Tim Tebow.

He could not cut it at the next level because he is too short, too slow, and too scared.[/QUOTE]

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow, on the other hand, couldn't cut it at the next level because he was too tall, too fast, and too brave.

Chris Leak was a fairly good college QB, but he would not have won a championship trophy without Tim Tebow.

He could not cut it at the next level because he is too short, too slow, and too scared.
[/QUOTE]

He was too Christian. He never would have been an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but he would've had a career.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He was too Christian. He never would have been an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but he would've had a career.
Kurt Warner was as devout as they come and bagging groceries, but somehow he ended up the Super Bowl and League MVP. Weird, isn't it?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kurt Warner was as devout as they come and bagging groceries, but somehow he ended up the Super Bowl and League MVP. Weird, isn't it?

Warner wasn't a rock star though. hard to be a rock star when your wife looked old enough to be your mom

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So is it because Tebow was famous or because he was religious? Get your excuses straight.

you're a bitter lil child aren't you. always trying to start **** all the time. I guess if I could only bag trannies I'd be bitter too

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
you're a bitter lil child aren't you. always trying to start **** all the time. I guess if I could only bag trannies I'd be bitter too
Nothing of substance to add as usual. Another notch on my belt, thank you very much. :captain:

Edit: And I just gotta say, from where I'm sitting, a lot more people on this board are far more obsessed with trannies than I'll ever be. Just based on mentions, at least. Just my two pennies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Transquash shiiiittting on another thread.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
99 posts, many dealing with the "what if. " But that's what the beauty of these boards. Personally, I'm sorry Will's appeal was denied, as I thought he was the better of the two QB options, but that point is now moot. I think Treon has a serviceable skill set and after last week and some noticeable scheme/technical improvements (obvious work on pocket poise), I don't think he has bumped his head on the ceiling. It is obvious, however, that he is still raw in areas and they will show up to the offense's detriment from time to time.

If there was one big area I worried about with Tron's QB abilities, it was how well he could lead this team. His off-the-field record did not pump me up in this regard. I still don't see him as that dynamic field general, based on some decisions he makes and the body language at times, but if team success is any indicator, then the least that I can infer is that the team is playing pretty well for and with him.

Time will tell if Nuss and Mac can keep his development on pace so that he is the best of the roster QBs next year and beyond (a lot depending on who else is on board). The kid himself will have a lot to say about that and I can only hope he'll do so by throwing himself into the process and not haphazardly jumping into "Cheech and Chong" ride-arounds or sketchy domestic relationships. The better he is as the team moves forward, the better Grier, Del Rio, or whoever the QB group consists of will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator