Grier's dad reveals more info in Charlotte Observer interview

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Don't disagree. Keep saying it was an honest mistake and this and that.....

Well then just say what it was already.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
“I’ve had plenty of adversity in my life, but I wish I had the grace and class in how he’s handling it,” Grier said of his son. “It’s far beyond his years.”
Chad Grier wouldn’t confirm what supplement his son took, but said this: “You can walk in the store and buy what he took yourself. For guys that train hard, it’s a common thing. He buys supplements just like a lot of his teammates do and he had a reward card and he had some extra points and the guy helping him said, ‘Hey wanna get something else for your points?’
“Will said, ‘I’m trying to add weight and size,’ and the guy said, ‘Try this, it works great.’ Will took it for two weeks and threw it away because he didn’t get anything out of it.”

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article39331278.html#storylink=cpy

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now, Daddy is implicating Will's teammates.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n298362 said:
Out of curiosity, what is gained by them announcing what he took?

Coming clean is about the only advantage there. Otherwise, you open yourself up to even more scrutiny from people when they find out what it was.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n298362 said:
Out of curiosity, what is gained by them announcing what he took?
What is lost? It might just quiet some of the vicious rumors that are circulating.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
People just need to shut their face holes and let this kid move on. He messed up, he's paying the price. He doesn't owe anyone outside of the organization jack.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n298377 said:
People just need to shut their face holes and let this kid move on. He messed up, he's paying the price. He doesn't owe anyone outside of the organization jack.

It's his own dad that keeps doing interviews and sending tweets about it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n298377 said:

Wait. I thought Treon Harris fed him the pills and Will Muschamp turned him in?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Chad needs to STFU. Nothing good is going to come out of him running his yapper.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Florida starting QB is a HUGE stage to be on. As we know, people are waiting in the wings to pounce on anything our guys do wrong. Grier screwed up big time and his dad is doing everything he can to publicly support his son. I would think less of him if he didnt. Grier and family are paying the price for his mistake and will pay for quite a while. It really sucks. If Grier was a thug, I would be done with him but he isnt. He comes from a good family and obviously has character. I hate it that this 20 year old has made this mistake and I think the ncaa is over doing the punishment. There are thugs playing the game all across the country. Grier doesnt fit the bill. I hope the university can somehow help the length of his suspension. I honestly believe how ever long his punishment is, he has learned his lesson.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I tend to fall into the "Leave it alone, Dad" category. I agree that commenting on it does nothing but create more questions. Even something innocent and innocuous can be misconstrued and unleash a torrent of internet speculation. Look at what happened when Manzel's idiotic father decided to do an interview. It was a disaster for his son.

The Griers should just lay low for the next year and Will should work towards being the best he can be when he returns and then make every play count.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n298371 said:
Coming clean is about the only advantage there. Otherwise, you open yourself up to even more scrutiny from people when they find out what it was.
Maybe they were advised not to because of the appeal? That's about the only conclusion i can come up with.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n298459 said:
Except for Will, the whole family seems to be attention whores.

True that. Will's just a whore

:hehehe:

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;298415 said:
I tend to fall into the "Leave it alone, Dad" category. I agree that commenting on it does nothing but create more questions. Even something innocent and innocuous can be misconstrued and unleash a torrent of internet speculation. Look at what happened when Manzel's idiotic father decided to do an interview. It was a disaster for his son.

The Griers should just lay low for the next year and Will should work towards being the best he can be when he returns and then make every play count.

Parents and sports seem when combined to throw common sense out the window.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator