Gurley Suspended! Reinstated for Cocktail Party?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Swamp Queen;n79483 said:
I get that, I just don't get how it's allowed. To me, if you're suspended, you're suspended. Meaning, no practice, no playing...suspended.
Yeah, they should learn from us. We don't play players that were cleared.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n79483 said:
I get that, I just don't get how it's allowed. To me, if you're suspended, you're suspended. Meaning, no practice, no playing...suspended.

Has anyone other than the school itself suspended him? If it's only the school, then there is really no rule against him practicing, that I'm aware of. Kids get suspended all the time by the school, yet still practice.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n79493 said:
Has anyone other than the school itself suspended him? If it's only the school, then there is really no rule against him practicing, that I'm aware of. Kids get suspended all the time by the school, yet still practice.
Well dammit...I don't like it! :gah:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How is it that he has apparently admitted taking some money, and yet even a minimum suspension is possibly being lifted? So $400 equals one game now?

Additionally, given that, while I get the difference in severity of the potential offenses, how is that Gurley is being allowed to practice just in case the suspension is lifted, yet Harris was banned from all team activities in a case where there was zero evidence that he did anything wrong?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n79497 said:
How is it that he has apparently admitted taking some money, and yet even a minimum suspension is possibly being lifted? So $400 equals one game now?

Additionally, given that, while I get the difference in severity of the potential offenses, how is that Gurley is being allowed to practice just in case the suspension is lifted, yet Harris was banned from all team activities in a case where there was zero evidence that he did anything wrong?

It really does come down to the severity of alleged incident. Though it also includes the integrity of the university as well. I'm personally impartial on him practicing. The games are what matters.

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
Georgia is a slam dunk for its third SEC East Championship, in the last four seasons.

Upcoming schedule - at Arkansas, bye week, WLOCP, at Kentucky, Auburn.

Arkansas is tough, they can run the ball, huge offensive line, they lull you to sleep with their run game and then lob it over the top. Lost to Bama last week, by a missed extra point. And it is in Little Rock, instead of Fayetteville. At Kentucky - trap game. Auburn will be the toughest of the next four SEC games. Florida will be the easiest (coming after the bye). Gators have forgotten how to win, even if it is close (which it might be), UF will lose in the end.

So the Dawgs are undoubtedly in the SECCG again, it is a play-in situation for the National Championship playoffs. Our passing game has got to get better if we are going to make a serious run at this thing. Defense is finally stepping up, as evidenced by shutting out a Top 25 team in their own house last week. We won that game with only 1 of our top 4 running backs playing. The rest of the RB and WR will be back soon, we are just now getting to be full strength.

I like where we currently stand - ranked in the Top 10, and completely in control of our own destiny - time to see just how far this team is going to go.

Been watch Floyd on defense? He may be our best player, not Gurley.

Time to go into work - day 11 in Seoul. Getting real old.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. SEC;n80018 said:
Georgia is a slam dunk for its third SEC East Championship, in the last four seasons.

Arkansas is tough, they can run the ball, huge offensive line, they lull you to sleep with their run game and then lob it over the top. Lost to Bama last week, by a missed extra point. And it is in Little Rock, instead of Fayetteville. At Kentucky - trap game. Auburn will be the toughest of the next four SEC games. Florida will be the easiest (coming after the bye). Gators have forgotten how to win, even if it is close (which it might be), UF will lose in the end.

So the Dawgs are undoubtedly in the SECCG again, it is a play-in situation for the National Championship playoffs. Our passing game has got to get better if we are going to make a serious run at this thing. Defense is finally stepping up, as evidenced by shutting out a Top 25 team in their own house last week. We won that game with only 1 of our top 4 running backs playing. The rest of the RB and WR will be back soon, we are just now getting to be full strength.

I like where we currently stand - ranked in the Top 10, and completely in control of our own destiny - time to see just how far this team is going to go.

And nothing to show for it. :hahaha:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mr. SEC;n80018 said:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol arky is going to wax Georgia's ass. Anyhow enjoy your run while it last. This is the ceiling of your program. Ours is winning championships not backing into the sec championship game and getting embarrassed. We'll go back to owning your asses once our bulldog head coach is fired.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n80243 said:
39jc_header_sm.jpg

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
I enjoy going to the games. I go to each and every Georgia home game (when I am not traveling), and a couple of road games every year. Tailgating is great. I also go to SECCG every time the Dawgs are in it.

But arguing on the internet seems kind of pointless. Just a thought.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. SEC;n80282 said:
I enjoy going to the games. I go to each and every Georgia home game (when I am not traveling), and a couple of road games every year. Tailgating is great. I also go to SECCG every time the Dawgs are in it.

But arguing on the internet seems kind of pointless. Just a thought.
A fan hanging out on a rival's message board for over a decade seems kind of pointless. Just a thought.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[h=2]Florida fan shopped Todd Gurley story due to autographs 'losing a ton of value'. [/h] https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...bryan-allen-todd-gurley-autographs-suspension
In that email, Allen claimed to "have video of Todd Gurley doing a private autograph signing from last march [sic]," but said, "The video [...] doesn't show the money exchange."
"He has been paid thousands of dollars for his stuff over the last 18 months," Allen said. "I personally paid him for this signing on the video. I have bought and sold game used equipment from him."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n80243 said:

[video=youtube;7VpjeG20IUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VpjeG20IUE[/video]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n80243 said:
Yeah, everything from 1980 sucked.

Is it a coincidence that 1980 was the last time the Buttsniffers were anything but a speed bump on the championship scene? I think not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator