Happy Birthday, USCG!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Happy Birthday to my former employer who is 233 years old! I value the opportunity to serve my country and appreciate being inducted into the Paycheck For Life Club.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Boat Fail GIF by Western Illinois University

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Happy Birthday to a great outfit. I've had the pleasure of interacting with them both professionally and personally and every experience was a good one.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Coasties are good people. HBD to the Cutter Revenue Service. Originally of the Department of the Treasury. Revenoors.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Happy Birthday to the Coast Guard.
Over the years, My respect has grown from "Puddle Jumpers" to first one someone calls when their boat loses power 10 miles offshore.
Coast Guard definitely interacts with the public a lot more than any other branch of the service.

In the Navy, we worked closely with the Coast Guard on several drug interdictions.

One time, Nearly 250 miles this side of the equator, a small Coast Guard ship, Maybe 125 ft long, had arrested a drug boat and crew, then didn't have the supplies, Fuel and manpower to make the trip all the way back to Puerto Rico.
They were towing the drug boat with two prisoners in handcuffs on the bow, under armed guard. Man, those guys were tired, worn out, dehydrated and in need of help!

We were probably the closest ship in the area off the coast of Nicaragua, got to those guys, refueled them, gave them some supplies , and shadowed them back to Puerto Rico.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Worked with a guy once that was in the Coast Guard stationed some miles thru a network of islands from the local community.
He a friend decided to make a beer run in their dingy and got lost coming back , had to stop and ask a commercial fisherman how to get back to their base, said the fisherman gave them hell about two coast guard guys getting lost at sea.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Worked with a guy once that was in the Coast Guard stationed some miles thru a network of islands from the local community.
He a friend decided to make a beer run in their dingy and got lost coming back , had to stop and ask a commercial fisherman how to get back to their base, said the fisherman gave them hell about two coast guard guys getting lost at sea.

Well, they deserved every bit of hell they received. Embarrassing…

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.