Harbaugh on Cowherd with a painfully awkward interview...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n244003 said:
And you have said he is a lucky coach even more. Also, saying he is "good or very good" is downplaying him. Meyer is one of the top two active coaches in college football. That is beyond being "good or very good".

A good amount of luck factors into any success. He has had more than his share IMO. I just wonder if he will be able to sustain when things don't line up so perfectly. He's never seen that side of the fence before and when things were starting to fall apart he hauled ass.....not my kind of guy but ya'll seem to love him so I'll leave it at that.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;244014 said:
How's that tablet working out for you?

Well worth the money. The phone I paired it with, not so much.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ufgator812;n244009 said:
It's all part of the concrete helmet schtick. Just make loads of comments, all over the spectrum, and then claim to be on the "right" side of every discussion.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Or have a discussion about anything CFB related because it's the offseason.....BTW how was your 4th?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I can't stand Urban Meyer, he's one of two active coaches with 3 NC rings. Saban is the other (and he has four).

Then when you think about the fact that 6 of the last 9 national championships have been won by Meyer or Saban......:faint:

If you want to take it a step further, 7 of the last 12 national championships have been won by Meyer or Saban............at four different programs. :faint: :faint:

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n244024 said:
As much as I can't stand Urban Meyer, he's one of two active coaches with 3 NC rings. Saban is the other (and he has four).

Then when you think about the fact that 6 of the last 9 national championships have been won by Meyer or Saban......:faint:

If you want to take it a step further, 7 of the last 12 national championships have been won by Meyer or Saban............at four different programs. :faint: :faint:

Wow. Crazy stats right there.

My mind is officially "boggled".

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I don't usually get into these conversations (because the truth is obvious), but I've been watching Meyer's teams since Bowling Green. He took that doormat team and scared the hell out of everyone. And we all know the rest of the story. To say that what Meyer has accomplished in coaching is anything less than phenomenal is ridiculous and obviously an emotionally biased opinion.

It APPEARS that he was having some issues in his final two years at UF, tried to correct it, and for whatever reasons (that we certainly will never know for sure) failed and had to leave the program. It is my opinion that he needed some time away from coaching, discovered that he missed it immensely, and had a great opportunity to return to his alma mater. He returned to form and preceded to kick the shtt out of everyone and do what he does--win national titles. Good for him. Now let's hope that UF will quickly rise and return the favor.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n244073 said:
I don't usually get into these conversations (because the truth is obvious), but I've been watching Meyer's teams since Bowling Green. He took that doormat team and scared the hell out of everyone. And we all know the rest of the story. To say that what Meyer has accomplished in coaching is anything less than phenomenal is ridiculous and obviously an emotionally biased opinion.

It APPEARS that he was having some issues in his final two years at UF, tried to correct it, and for whatever reasons (that we certainly will never know for sure) failed and had to leave the program. It is my opinion that he needed some time away from coaching, discovered that he missed it immensely, and had a great opportunity to return to his alma mater. He returned to form and preceded to kick the shtt out of everyone and do what he does--win national titles. Good for him. Now let's hope that UF will quickly rise and return the favor.

He actually attended University of Cincinatti. He just grew up an OSU fan, but it is not his alma mater. Not that it makes that much of a difference, but wanted to point that out.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n244152 said:
I guess the Master's Degree in Sports Administration he received at OSU doesn't count.

I didn't see that... I stand corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator