Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n138860 said:
Yeah that's the price with a two-year contract. Price it without one. :fear:

Well yeah, but I'm getting the actual phone for $299.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n138861 said:
Yes but you're still missing the point. It's an $800 phone.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n138861 said:

That depends on how thin the market is for $299 phones. Since they're a dime a dozen, I might suggest a flip phone instead. Apparently Michigan doesn't think Harbaughs come by the dozen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yup flip phone it is. And we had to pay a bunch to buyout our old flip phone and to get acquire the new one.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law, you STILL haven't told me who we should have hired instead.

I think this thread would have been a lot more productive had we taken into consideration who likely would have considered a move to Florida versus yanking some guy from the west coast and inserting him in Gainesville, then correlated to what Foley might or might not have paid.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Gundy! Sorry couldn't resist

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bottom line, if Harbaugh said I'd prefer to coach at UF....Foley still would not have ponied up $8 mill. Let's be real here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n138895 said:
Bottom line, if Harbaugh said I'd prefer to coach at UF....Foley still would not have ponied up $8 mill. Let's be real here.

And the evidence for this assumption is?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n138895 said:

If Chip Kelly had said he wanted to coach at UF this coming year, he would have done it for peanuts.

It is fun making up facts for hypothetical situations.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There is about 7 different arguments going on in this thread. The debate isn't about Harbaugh coaching at UF, or about any particular candidates, actually - it's about the UF policies on salaries and how they seem to be falling behind. We want to be considered an elite university and yet not spend money on coaches or facilities that other schools are.

It doesn't matter if WE think things shouldn't matter, like an outdoor practice facility or dorms straight out of the 1940's. If recruits DO, then you've got to get it done.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n138916 said:
There is about 7 different arguments going on in this thread. The debate isn't about Harbaugh coaching at UF, or about any particular candidates, actually - it's about the UF policies on salaries and how they seem to be falling behind. We want to be considered an elite university and yet not spend money on coaches or facilities that other schools are.

It doesn't matter if WE think things shouldn't matter, like an outdoor practice facility or dorms straight out of the 1940's. If recruits DO, then you've got to get it done.

I thought the discussion was about Harbaugh being a good hire for Mich or not. At least that is what the thread title leaves me to believe.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n138916 said:

If we are talking salaries, pay is in line with the top 10 to 15 percent of the going rate for the top universities. As far as other facilities that is another issue, which we might be catching up on or not depending on what you hear.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n138899 said:
And the evidence for this assumption is?

Everywhere...you think he would pay $8 mill PER YEAR for a football coach? Come on man...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n138945 said:
Everywhere...you think he would pay $8 mill PER YEAR for a football coach? Come on man...

everywhere? Then show us. Because so far you have given an opinion. Also other than Michigan, what other Universities are going to pay $8 million a year? I understand you want to jump off a ledge and make up crazy assumptions. But the facts and logic don't back up your opinion. Because so far that is all you have given.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n138946 said:
everywhere? Then show us. Because so far you have given an opinion. Also other than Michigan, what other Universities are going to pay $8 million a year? I understand you want to jump off a ledge and make up crazy assumptions. But the facts and logic don't back up your opinion. Because so far that is all you have given.

You keep telling yourself this...I'm not jumping anywhere. You think Foley spends? LOL. Some of you are freaking hilarious. Foley could tell you to your face...I would never give anyone that type of jack and you'd come up with some excuse protecting him. He's your Jesus. He can't do anything wrong. Best AD ever!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n138945 said:

And Michigan is insane for paying that much for a football coach. He'll be gone before the end of his contract.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n138952 said:
And Michigan is insane for paying that much for a football coach. He'll be gone before the end of his contract.

What type of shoes are you eating? And how are you going to post the video? Youtube?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n138951 said:
You keep telling yourself this...I'm not jumping anywhere. You think Foley spends? LOL. Some of you are freaking hilarious. Foley could tell you to your face...I would never give anyone that type of jack and you'd come up with some excuse protecting him. He's your Jesus. He can't do anything wrong. Best AD ever!

Obviously you are a man of facts, not real facts. But the kind 5 years olds make up on the playground. Because instead of coming back with a real argument, you came back with opinions and accusations. Rex... either great "REAL" facts, or leave it alone. I understand you don't like Foley. I think we all get that. But until you can put together a factual argument when asked for one instead of more of this:
:wobble:

you are of the opinion that all top University should be spending $8 million dollars on a coach. In your opinion Nick Saban must have been grossly under paid the last several years. Are you also of the opinion that Bill Belichick was available for hire at $8 million and we should have gotten him?

I can't remember if Foley was here when Meyer was the highest paid coach in the college football?

As far as facilities that all depends on who you are listening too, etc.. and I'll believe we are caught up when I see construction.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Saban is calling his agent and say WTF?

Harbaugh is a great coach but that is alot of money. A ton of $$$$. No doubt Meatchicken is all in on him. I don't know if he's worth that much to be highest paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.