Harbaugh to Michigan - expected announcement on Tuesday

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, this would be an unprecedented case of a successful NFL coach returning to college, leaving other pro offers on the table. Evidently he just thinks he's better suited for the college game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've read countless times over the past few weeks that he can't be swayed by the money and yet I can't think of a more compelling reason why he'd accept the Michigan offer.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll believe it when it happens.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Either the best or worst hire in the schools history. What if his stop at San Fran proved he couldn't handle high pressure jobs? Nobody expected anything from Stanford, but they will at Michigan. If the earlier numbers are true and he fails miserably, can you imagine them having to pay $30 or so for his buyout? I too will believe it when I see it, but that would be the most brilliant train wreck.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with you Ray. He's a good coach but he's not Nick saban.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's a good coach but the $$$/Hire risky for Meatchicken. Very Risky IMO.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n138115 said:
8 mil a year? Really? If he fails, they are in deep do do....

It shows to me what it really is......Meatchicken wreaks of desperation.
Rich-Rod, didn't work out.
Hoke, an alum that couldn't get it done.
Harbaugh.....All in and called. We see what hand they have in a couple years.

Marshall Gator

Dec 7, 2014
UM officials are in San Francisco which means the deal most likely will get done. JH will tear up the big 10 (apart from OSU which remains to be seen) and they will make their $ back. He will be a football savior up there. They risked everything to get their guy just like Bama did when they went after Saban.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If this happens there will be a huge recruiting splash. Interesting to see how this will plays out.

It sounds like huge money but looking back to the thread a few weeks ago about Muschimp costing us 14 million in lost revenue in one year, it could still be a bargain if he works out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n138121 said:
Urban's colon is tightening already.
Yeah, I'm sure Meyer is terrified. :rolleyes:

Some of you guys need to let it go. It's going to be simply hilarious if OSU beats Bama this week.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
oxrageous;n138122 said:
Yeah, I'm sure Meyer is terrified. :rolleyes:

Some of you guys need to let it go. It's going to be simply hilarious if OSU beats Bama this week.

That would be pretty crazy and I'd give Meyer major credit if that happens.....won't happen though. I expect a blowout. Think 2009 SEC title game....except Bama is more loaded now than back in 09 and Meyer has traded his loaded roster full of Florida kids for a inferior roster of Ohio kids.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Harbaugh has won everywhere he's been...dude's a winner. Why would that change now? He is in the same league as Saban and Meyer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Other than being able to lure Miles away from the bayou, this is the best hire they could make in my opinion. Kudos to UM for getting it done.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Jim Harbaugh's family is flying to Ann Arbor Monday, source tells @FoxSports. Harbaugh will be #Wolverines new head coach.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Plan is for Jim Harbaugh to be at #Michigan home basketball game Tuesday vs Illinois.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Solid pull for the Wolverines. Definitely carries some measure of risk in terms of him being a successful NFL coach and possibly wanting to go back or at minimum being a candidate for every open job each season. But the name alone will do wonders for recruiting. So if nothing else, he'll set them up very well in terms of talent.

And I agree with Ox that Meyer will be Meyer, and have success regardless of who's in his conference. But I do think it balances things out considerably in what has been--up to this point--and OSu league, with Msu being a minor factor. That changes now, which will be kind of nice.

All that said, anyone who leaves the Bay area for Ann Arbor, alum or not, should be checked for mental stability. You're already rich, so money's not that big of a deal. Or perhaps this just sheds some light on how awful the SF front office is to work for. Either way, it's a pretty big coup on the part of UM.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n138125 said:
Other than being able to lure Miles away from the bayou, this is the best hire they could make in my opinion. Kudos to UM for getting it done.
I'd take Harbaugh for three times the money over Miles.

This is a big deal, very Sabanesque. It also, I think, shows something about our program's inability to bring a big name while others can.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n138130 said:
I'd take Harbaugh for three times the money over Miles.

This is a big deal, very Sabanesque. It also, I think, shows something about our program's inability to bring a big name while others can.

Agree with you on the Harbaugh/Miles part of things. That's no contest, imo.

But the second part of your statement is a little unfair. He didn't just leave to go back to college. He returned to his alma mater. When Leak or Tebow become major names in coaching, I'm sure we'd have a leg up on the competition and get them to embrace their roots. We've already done that once. We can/will do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.