Harris accuser withdraws complaint

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n75408 said:
This is great news.......now Grier can get back to his "back spasms" and medical redshirt.......

I lol' d

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n75450 said:
I'd like to explain but I'm not up for a vacation just yet.....Anyone seen Ox.....

I've heard your explanation I always thought the same thing myself until reading that thread.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From hearing the statement yesterday, I doubt she withdrew the complaint just to reissue later. It really sounds like we'll never know what happened, but it sounds like enough circumstantial evidence to discredit her. If she were to reissue later, it would be even more difficult to prove. IMO, she withdrew so she could avoid facing investigation for filing a false report.

If he is still facing code of conduct issues, why isn't she? Shouldn't there be enough doubt to look at her as well?

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
LSU reaction:

Start a true freshman with zero reps the week prior to an sec team coming to town? sounds so crazy it just might work. lulz

If he plays after not practicing all week and Florida game planning to use Driskel, their offense is in worse shape than I thought.

I think we need to remember, Driskel sucks. He really sucks. He just isn't good at football.

We player 2 QBs who don't suck. In fact one could even say they are good.

But please gloom and doom over a guy who scored 0 points against Tennessee.

hell Tennessee needed to hand them the ball on the 30 for them to score their 1 TD.

As long as the QB can hand off to someone running up the middle they'll be OK.

The last quote will be the plan for JD, and so long as we can gain yardage that way, we will do okay (barely win) tom.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n75021 said:
For what?
Probably already has in a way. I imagine there were some discussions, hopefully directly. Had to be.

This will be a coup d'etat if Harris can rebound from this. Maybe the approach taken by UF turned out to be the best. Let's hope.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n75110 said:
How long does this take? If she is not telling the truth will there be any repercussions for her? Or does she get to walk away from this like nothing happened?
sleeping dogs....

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n75408 said:
This is great news.......now Grier can get back to his "back spasms" and medical redshirt.......

HOLY geeeezzzeeee!!! You're not starting with this IDIOTIC redshirt business again. At this point the only thing I can surmise is that you are trolling. NO ONE who follows college football could be as clueless on this redshirt situation as you.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can we get a list put together of all the asshats here who were ready to convict Harris earlier this week? Some pretty disgusting opinions thrown around here if you ask me.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Munk;n75406 said:
She withdrew the complaint, that's not the same as filing a false police report.

:scratchchin:

Now, I'm no lawyer but aren't those two different things? Didn't she have to file a report for an investigation to start? Wasn't a claim made to law enforcement that directly resulted in (1) a police investigation (2) a university investigation (3)TH being suspended from the team and school (4) The university president making a public statement (5)Lawyers to get involved and do what they do (6) directly resulted in Harris NOT PLAYING on Saturday.?.?.? Aren't all of these things the result of her claim and/or report to the police????

THEN, after the above actions transpired she later decided to "withdrawal" the complaint.

You're right. Withdrawing the complaint is NOT the same as filing a false report. Those are two separate actions. (1) A complaint filed. (2) A complaint withdrawn. The only question is, was the complaint a "false accusation"? Did she knowingly, intentionally, and maliciously file a false report??? One that will be a asterisk next to his name that he'll have to live with the rest of his life.?.?.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n75541 said:
Can we get a list put together of all the asshats here who were ready to convict Harris earlier this week? Some pretty disgusting opinions thrown around here if you ask me.
THIS

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n75545 said:

Now, I'm no lawyer but aren't those two different things? Didn't she have to file a report for an investigation to start? Wasn't a claim made to law enforcement that directly resulted in (1) a police investigation (2) a university investigation (3)TH being suspended from the team and school (4) The university president making a public statement (5)Lawyers to get involved and do what they do (6) directly resulted in Harris NOT PLAYING on Saturday.?.?.? Aren't all of these things the result of her claim and/or report to the police????

THEN, after the above actions transpired she later decided to "withdrawal" the complaint.

You're right. Withdrawing the complaint is NOT the same as filing a false report. Those are two separate actions. (1) A complaint filed. (2) A complaint withdrawn. The only question is, was the complaint a "false accusation"? Did she knowingly, intentionally, and maliciously file a false report??? One that will be a asterisk next to his name that he'll have to live with the rest of his life.?.?.

Or perhaps it is true and the pressure was too great. We do not know from the evidence, and probably will never know.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n75545 said:

That's right. This part of the law is really off kilter. Harris paid an immediate and permanent penalty (asterisk by his name). Besides, the GPD doesn't have to drop the complaint and neither does the University. If there is evidence of rape then it needs to be pursued. If not, this also needs to be stated plainly and there should be consequences paid by her, whoever "her" is. It's like we're all supposed to go along and act like nothing really happened -- no complaint, no rape. After all, this girl didn't just hop right on the phone after the incident and call the cops. She waited plenty long enough to ruminate, cogitate, sober up if drunk, and then she went to the law. Totally premeditated.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is she still thinks something bad happened or she would have just dropped the complaint all together (not saying I feel that way; heaven knows I don't want to be lumped-in with the ass hats on a message board, that would really be a buzz kill). I also think that Huntley Johnson's statement showed her just how ugly this thing will be if she presses forward. It wouldn't be just Treon's name that gets drug through the gutter. At that point, she weighed the benefits of pressing the accusation. She's already tarnished Treon if it did happen and she doesn't face any more scrutiny herself this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.