Heads high boys

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n299257 said:
Now you're just confusing. Of course LSU is better than Kintucky. Yeah, Grier had 2 TDs....

I think what he was originally getting at is that Mac will help TH improve, noting that KY held Grier to 14 points and Grier continued to improve. The implication that seemed obvious was that Mac will do the same with TH.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
MADGator;n299305 said:
Yayyy!!! A moral victory!! I ****ing LOVE those!! :woohoo:
YOu dont have a clue, do you. My team lost so someone deserves my ridicule and criticism. I see your low post count........probably another fckn rival troll showing up to show his ignorance ........good job, you succeeded.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n299308 said:
YOu dont have a clue, do you. My team lost so someone deserves my ridicule and criticism. I see your low post count........probably another fckn rival troll showing up to show his ignorance ........good job, you succeeded.
PE, it's a fan message board. People are going to vent, that's the whole damn reason it exists. Geezum.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
leave me alone Ox Im on a roll. Btw I am venting in return. The reason it exists is for you to get that Vette museum and for us to SUPPORT the GATORS not tear them down, especially while they are now R E L E V A N T again and showing great skill character and team work. You know my MO ,,,,,,if you trash my team/players I am trashing you. Go back to bed, Only old people wake up early on the wkend. ;)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n299315 said:
leave me alone Ox Im on a roll. Btw I am venting in return. The reason it exists is for you to get that Vette museum and for us to SUPPORT the GATORS not tear them down, especially while they are now R E L E V A N T again and showing great skill character and team work. You know my MO ,,,,,,if you trash my team/players I am trashing you. Go back to bed, Only old people wake up early on the wkend. ;)
Mean things get said after losses on sports message boards. On every single one on the internet, in every sport. It's okay, people usually feel a lot better in a day or two.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does thinking mean things count? at least we can now console ourselves that a Coach and System are in place that actually targets development vs degradation. Amen!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n299322 said:
Does thinking mean things count?
Yes, and you should be ashamed.

I'm thrilled with the direction of the program. Absolutely thrilled. A team in disarray would have gotten completely killed last night, like we did against Alabama last year. We have so many things working against us and still had a chance at victory in Death Valley at night. This team is going to be very, very good in the coming years, and I think the rest of the SEC (and perhaps the nation) knows it.

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
lagator;n299289 said:
A little too moral victory for me. We made a lot of mistakes in this game starting with Mac. Doesn't go for it 4th and a foot past our 40 with the lead in the 1st half, then goes for it 4th and 13 or something in obvious punt situation. Wasted most of out TO and didn't have guys ready for a fake despite the fact that LSU does it to us virtually every game. I'd give him a C in this game.

With this loss we used up all of our safety margin. Next loss starts dropping season goals so hopefully they're a little better prepared for the next outing.

which season goals from before we started? I wish we won, but happy with improvements!

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
All I can say is that I am enjoying watching our team play again. Hate to lose; but the way this team is coached there is confidence we have a chance to win whenever we step on the field. That feeling has not been around for a while. Nobody on this board thought this was a W at the start of the season. I am also looking forward to seeing how Coach Mac handles his first loss with the team.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
We are good enough right now where we could beat any team in the country on a given night in the Swamp. Any team. There will never be enough separation between the best team in the country and the other top teams in any given year for the number one team to be guaranteed a victory. It is hard for any team these days to go undefeated in a single season.

In the mid 1950s Oklahoma went on a 47 game winning streak that lasted from 1953 until towards the end of 1957 when Notre Dame beat them 7 - 0. Oklahoma played in the Big Eight Conference which was then known as Oklahoma and the Seven Sisters because of the weak competition. But still no team in this day and age can win 47 games in a row. No way that is going to happen for an SEC team.

Great game by the Gators in Baton Rouge on a Saturday night. Not a moral victory. Gators don't play for moral victories. It was a loss to a good team and we were in it right to the end. No way to be ashamed. Be proud you're a Gator cause Florida's gonna rise again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
veroG8tr;n299328 said:
All I can say is that I am enjoying watching our team play again.
Verog8r, huh? Are you related to Ox?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All I can say is this board has turned on its damn head when Law is the one talking people down from the ledge. :lol2:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n299340 said:
We are good enough right now where we could beat any team in the country on a given night in the Swamp. Any team. There will never be enough separation between the best team in the country and the other top teams in any given year for the number one team to be guaranteed a victory. It is hard for any team these days to go undefeated in a single season.

In the mid 1950s Oklahoma went on a 47 game winning streak that lasted from 1953 until towards the end of 1957 when Notre Dame beat them 7 - 0. Oklahoma played in the Big Eight Conference which was then known as Oklahoma and the Seven Sisters because of the weak competition. But still no team in this day and age can win 47 games in a row. No way that is going to happen for an SEC team.

Great game by the Gators in Baton Rouge on a Saturday night. Not a moral victory. Gators don't play for moral victories. It was a loss to a good team and we were in it right to the end. No way to be ashamed. Be proud you're a Gator cause Florida's gonna rise again.
You could have also mentioned the role of the Florida Brigade in their victories at Antietam, Cold Harbor, and when they ran those damned yankees all the way to Georgia at the Battle of Olustee.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I imagine Mac standing on the sidelines last night and wondering how it might be in the same situation a year or two from now, after he's added a few solid recruiting classes. The players love this guy. I feel good about the future.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
stephenPE;n299308 said:

Aww man, relax. My team lost too. It wasn't a post born of ridicule or criticism and it wasn't personal, just some sarcasm. I flipping hate losing games that we should win and moral victories are for UT. Yes, my post count is low but I've been lurking for years, so no trolling here, just pissed at losing.

(Is this where we go head to head and compare what Level Gator Fan we are?)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was really frustrating watching the 1st half. We were really good in the 2nd half; sans that fake FG for a TD.

Our O line was pretty bad in this game but I though Treon was really good. I think the moment overtook him a bit toward the end and led to those balls being short armed. I don't think there's that big of a difference between the he and Will in moving our offense. BUT, Will does have ice water in his veins and locks in on critical drives.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The difference is mostly seeing stuff open up over the middle behind the scrimmage upheaval caused by the big, tall uglies.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n299475 said:
BUT, Will does have ice water in his veins and locks in on critical drives.

To me this is the biggest difference between the two QBs. Treon is crazy athletic and makes insane heroic plays here and there but seems to fold when the pressure is on to score. The only exception to this I've seen is last year's game against UT. Grier on the other hand, is a bit off and on throughout the game, but when the pressure is on and we need him to win the game for us, the light turns on for him and he thrives.

late edit: Folds is probably a harsh way to put it with Treon. It's more like the moment just gets too big for him and his accuracy goes to crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.