Help determine Ox's buyout for Gatorchatter

What is the best option for GatorChatter's future?

• Total voters

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Ox needs increased revenue and a few more mods to allow him to take a break to spend the money.

I'd like to have a few give-aways and organized membership goals. Maybe use the Patron pattern for funding rather than subscriptions. No big changes just little tweaks.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I think Ox needs increased revenue and a few more mods to allow him to take a break to spend the money.

I'd like to have a few give-aways and organized membership goals. Maybe use the Patron pattern for funding rather than subscriptions. No big changes just little tweaks.
More content would not hurt. I don't mean paid writers, but more game threads on Saturday's. Most of us are watching games but nowhere to discuss.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
1.) I don't want Ox to have to sell.
2.) But I don't want him being a whiney bitch all the time either.
I think the UK game cured me of that. If UF is going to be that bad, it honestly isn't worth getting worked up about it. There was certainly nothing there I could defend. I just got out of the way and let people wallow. Never even opened the "Billy is a stupid *****" thread (and still haven't). No point, at least for me. I'm just going to let people vent away and not interfere. I assume my mods will let me know if someone goes too far off the deep end.

I have no idea if this team will beat Vandy this week. That's what I currently think of the state of play. That game was such a failure of all three phases that it was almost a cartoon. I was seeing it and still couldn't believe it.

Any pay memberships, etc, have been suspended for this year. In the offseason, I'll determine if I want to create an additional paid tier or something for the 2024 season. Honestly, right this moment it seems like demanding money to talk about this team would be a felony, and I'd be hauled away in handcuffs for grand theft. If I had gone through with my pay-only plan (that would have started yesterday), there might be about 9 members left on the board after that game on Saturday.

I'll be doing my usual annual donation drive in November for those who may want to chip in a few bucks.

For what little it's worth, thanks to those who have put up with my cantankerousness for a while now. That performance took away any remaining expectations, so I actually feel a lot better.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think the UK game cured me of that. If UF is going to be that bad, it honestly isn't worth getting worked up about it. There was certainly nothing there I could defend. I just got out of the way and let people wallow. Never even opened the "Billy is a stupid *****" thread. No point, at least for me. I'm just going to let people vent away and not interfere. I assume my mods will let me know if someone goes too far off the deep end.

I have no idea if this team will beat Vandy this week. That's what I currently think of the state of play. That game was such a failure of all three phases that it was almost a cartoon. I was seeing it and still couldn't believe it.

Any pay memberships, etc, have been suspended for this year. In the offseason, I'll determine if I want to create an additional paid tier or something for the 2024 season. Honestly, right this moment it seems like demanding money to talk about this team would be a felony, and I'd be hauled away in handcuffs for grand theft. If I had gone through with my pay-only plan (that would have started yesterday), there might be about 9 members left on the board after that game on Saturday.

I'll be doing my usual annual donation drive in November for those who may want to chip in a few bucks.

For what little it's worth, thanks to those who have put up with my cantankerousness for a while now. That performance took away any remaining expectations, so I actually feel a lot better.
We all come to terms with things at different points. I admire you for having the optimism and hope that some of us including me simply don't. I wish I had that and feel like if I did maybe my mindset would be a bit better the past few years, then again you've been pretty frustrated too so who knows. Bottom line is we just suck year after year and it's extremely depressing. I also think we all can see pretty clearly right away when someone is different and things are about to get special. I haven't had that feeling in a LONG time and I suspect you and everyone else here hasn't either. It's gonna be a long season and the off-season may not bring much hope either barring drastic and unexpected changes, but if we have to be put thru more misery, I'm glad that I'm here with all you retards where at least I don't completely stand out as a total jackass.

:fistbump:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I think the UK game cured me of that. If UF is going to be that bad, it honestly isn't worth getting worked up about it. There was certainly nothing there I could defend. I just got out of the way and let people wallow. Never even opened the "Billy is a stupid *****" thread. No point, at least for me. I'm just going to let people vent away and not interfere. I assume my mods will let me know if someone goes too far off the deep end.

You are wise, Ox. This may be the greatest post in GC history.

This summer's theme camp will be "stoicism," the resigned fan, the humble fan.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

What you've birthed here is a home for many wayward souls who love the Gators. We're an emotional support group. This is our safe space.

i honestly worried that 12:01 am Oct. 1st the site would be locked. I had a moment of panic. Where would I go to bitch about the Gators?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What you've birthed here is a home for many wayward souls who love the Gators. We're an emotional support group. This is our safe space.

i honestly worried that 12:01 am Oct. 1st the site would be locked. I had a moment of panic. Where would I go to bitch about the Gators?
There are a number of Facebook groups. :suicide:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
We all come to terms with things at different points.... It's gonna be a long season and the off-season may not bring much hope either barring drastic and unexpected changes, but if we have to be put thru more misery, I'm glad that I'm here with all you retards where at least I don't completely stand out as a total jackass.

:fistbump:
All we're asking for a is hotshot play caller and a special teams coach. Not really so drastic or unexpected.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
@oxrageous , taking a few days off, post the UK beat down, was really good for you and your TLDR post (earlier) is proof you've found a little peace.
Maybe you and the misses should take a full week off and reminisce about how close Auburn came to beating UGA or whatever isn't Gator-centric.
This place really does run better with you around and literally nobody else could pull it off.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I don't know if it will help, Ox, but I find it useful to watch the GNFP reviews of the game. They do a good job of isolating what plays worked and what didn't and why. After watching this week, I feel better about Coach Ham's defense. He called the right scheme and put his players in position...they just didn't execute. Likewise, the offensive review showed how Mertz repeatedly screwed the pooch with his reads and failure to throw the ball to the open receiver. It also harps on the play design with the useless Ricky jet sweep that does nothing...coupled with the almost manic reliance on hitch routes.

For me, at least, its helpful to understand where things are breaking down. At least that way I get an idea of what it will take to unfuch things.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
After watching this week, I feel better about Coach Ham's defense. He called the right scheme and put his players in position...they just didn't execute. Likewise, the offensive review showed how Mertz repeatedly screwed the pooch with his reads and failure to throw the ball to the open receiver.
This was and has been my take since Saturday in the game, Cover and Truth threads. Glad the GNFP guys caught up - JK. Especially odd was that those missing assignments (and overall slower to fill) on D were our stars to date. Really hoping we bounce back on that side.

For Mertz, I thought Brown deserved a real shot early in the season with the ones and still do. I’d take 60% completions with an extra 7 yards per attempt and more than 6 TD passes over 5 games. Plus, he throws more naturally into downfield windows. But, like Montrell starting the game, and Billy insisting his outdated process works, I have no real hope for change barring an injury forcing the situation.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
This was and has been my take since Saturday in the game, Cover and Truth threads. Glad the GNFP guys caught up - JK. Especially odd was that those missing assignments (and overall slower to fill) on D were our stars to date. Really hoping we bounce back on that side.

For Mertz, I thought Brown deserved a real shot early in the season with the ones and still do. I’d take 60% completions with an extra 7 yards per attempt and more than 6 TD passes over 5 games. Plus, he throws more naturally into downfield windows. But, like Montrell starting the game, and Billy insisting his outdated process works, I have no real hope for change barring an injury forcing the situation.
An injury to Mertz is real, with this O-line. He's been tough but can only take so much.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome Back Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator