Help Napier pick the next OC

Who should be the next Offensive Coordinator for the Gators?

• Joe Brady

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • Steve Spurrier Jr.

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • Scott Frost

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Jeff Scott

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Other

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Kerwin Bell

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Ben Arbuckle

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Warren Ruggiero

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

ted

Aug 24, 2019
In case you have not been told, you can't make coaching staff changes during the season!

Maybe Riley has finally learned that he can’t outscore everyone. This is an important hire for Riley, he has already pissed away two years of a generational QB and an offense avg 40 points a game.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Maybe Riley has finally learned that he can’t outscore everyone. This is an important hire for Riley, he has already pissed away two years of a generational QB and an offense avg 40 points a game.
Riley probably just needs talent or at least that is the rumor.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Can we change the thread title to “Help Sasse pick the new AD” please?
college football GIF by Nissan USA

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Can we change the thread title to “Help Sasse pick the new AD” please?
When the time comes. Yes.

Seriously though, we're stuck with Napier. So just hold your nose and pretend to like him until we can fire his ass. And yes, Stricknine will be following him right out the door. But not until he's had his shot at the rebuild. At least 4 seasons. He's not fireable until then. He's untouchable. That's the deal he made. Stricknine knows he won't get to hire a 3rd Football coach at Florida after screwing up the first two hires. So he's going to give Billy as many years as he needs to prove himself correct. He would have held onto Dan Mullen for eternity if he was allowed.

Only 1 of 2 things will happen by end of 2025: (That's only 2 more seasons to sit through).

1.) Napier will succeed with his process and his players in place. DJ Lagway ignites the team and tons of talent shows up. We're winning again and everyone is happy. Stricknine's job is saved.

2.) Napier will fail for the forth season in a row and he will be let go along with Stricknine.

So you see, the cancer is not terminal. It will go into remission or it will be removed.

Only 2 more season to endure before this sh!tshow comes to it's exciting conclusion.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You guys crack me up. This isn't going to last 2 more seasons lol.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If he goes winless to finish this year in embarrassing fashion, he may not even make it to next year. But he's gone by Georgia weekend next season regardless. The operational component of things is the biggest disaster I've ever seen. Even garbage coaches like macelwain knew how to count to 11 and were smart enough to let qb1 and the base offensive group spike a football to stop the clock. Napier might be the dumbest smart guy I've ever seen.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If he goes winless to finish this year in embarrassing fashion, he may not even make it to next year. But he's gone by Georgia weekend next season regardless. The operational component of things is the biggest disaster I've ever seen. Even garbage coaches like macelwain knew how to count to 11 and were smart enough to let qb1 and the base offensive group spike a football to stop the clock. Napier might be the dumbest smart guy I've ever seen.
Technically, you’ve seen me, but I think you grossly underestimate how dumb I am!

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
for OC? I doubt a successful NFL OC takes a college OC job. Maybe head coach in college, but even doubt that.
He is an NFL QB coach, but well on his way to an NFL OC job, so no reason to believe he would want to come back to college as an OC - especially under these circumstances.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is an NFL QB coach, but well on his way to an NFL OC job, so no reason to believe he would want to come back to college as an OC - especially under these circumstances.
Brian Johnson enters his third season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He was promoted to offensive coordinator following the 2022 campaign, when the Eagles finished 14-3 en route to a Super Bowl LVII appearance. Prior to being named offensive coordinator, Johnson coached Philadelphia's quarterbacks from 2021-22.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He’s actually in line for a nfl head coaching job and is mentioned frequently.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Brian Johnson enters his third season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He was promoted to offensive coordinator following the 2022 campaign, when the Eagles finished 14-3 en route to a Super Bowl LVII appearance. Prior to being named offensive coordinator, Johnson coached Philadelphia's quarterbacks from 2021-22.
I stand corrected. I missed that promotion as I pay little attention to the NFL - just what I get around here (and clearly missed it here also).

But the point stands - he would be a fool to take an OC job at UF any time soon.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Another name to watch...Willy Korn. Napier coached him at Clemson. He's the OC for Liberty and they rank 11th amongst FBS schools in total offense.
I think if Napier does the right thing and makes some good off-season moves, this hire would make the most sense.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think if Napier does the right thing and makes some good off-season moves, this hire would make the most sense.
how much of that is a product of hugh freeze offense from the last couple seasons? its certainly an intriguing option and one, upon initial look, sounds promising. my real concern is that we get someone whos shown good offensive production, then gets here and we see the exact same billy ball weve seen for 2 seasons. Hate saying but that is the more likely outcome based on napiers attitude and stubborn insistence to stick with stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator