Help Napier pick the next OC

Who should be the next Offensive Coordinator for the Gators?

• Joe Brady

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • Steve Spurrier Jr.

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • Scott Frost

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Jeff Scott

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Other

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Kerwin Bell

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Ben Arbuckle

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Warren Ruggiero

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Who are we dumping?
Rob Sale (OL)
Darnell Stapleton (OL)
Russ Calloway (TE)
Billy Gonzales (WR)
Jabbar Juluke (RB)

Austin Armstrong (DC)
Sean Spencer (DL)
Jay Bateman (ILB)
Mike Peterson (OLB)
Core Raymond (DBs)

Is there anything special about Sale or Stapleton? Cuz my inclination is to dump both and get a OC/QB Coach. AND a great recruiting OL coach.
And make one person responsible for STs.

Stapleton looks like the tambourine player in the band here. That’s the move, imo.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting. I like the list.
Napier, at least, left the door open over media days. And honestly, I don't think there is much he can say about it during the season. Until proven otherwise I am going to assume that Napier can learn and evolve. So far I'd argue that he has. But the proof will be in the off-season.
Right now there is something to the argument that his offense is limited by Mertz. I don't think we find out until the oline is solid and Langway is the QB. And Napier could make that argument and try to buy himself another year but I think the noise in the system is going to be too loud and he'll have to shake things up sooner rather than later.
Regardless, he needs to win the games we expect him to win. This season. SC, Arky and Mo. for sure. I think FSU is beatable. LSU a wildcard. And Fcuk Georgia.
I just heard on another podcast today that he told DJ Lagway that he’s bringing in an OC next year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who are we dumping?
Rob Sale (OL)
Darnell Stapleton (OL)
Russ Calloway (TE)
Billy Gonzales (WR)
Jabbar Juluke (RB)

Austin Armstrong (DC)
Sean Spencer (DL)
Jay Bateman (ILB)
Mike Peterson (OLB)
Core Raymond (DBs)

Is there anything special about Sale or Stapleton? Cuz my inclination is to dump both and get a OC/QB Coach. AND a great recruiting OL coach.
And make one person responsible for STs.
I’d say to dump an OL coach to make way for an OC and make Calloway the ST coach and TE coach.

I think what he’s hoping for is for the NCAA to approve another on field position. It was expected that was going to happen this year but it did not. Then that way he doesn’t have to fire anybody and he can just hire an OC.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I’d say to dump an OL coach to make way for an OC and make Calloway the ST coach and TE coach.

I think what he’s hoping for is for the NCAA to approve another on field position. It was expected that was going to happen this year but it did not. Then that way he doesn’t have to fire anybody and he can just hire an OC.
Good plan. I like Calloway and he would be a good one to oversee ST's

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
After reading the article, my vote is now Jeff Scott. I think he's a perfect compromise for what fans want/hope for in an offense and what Billy is likely comfortable moving towards. Scott's offense is basically an updated version of Billy's anyway with improved play design and route combos that can move faster when needed. Plus, Scott has the experience and resume that Billy can trust so Billy will be more comfortable fully turning things over to him. Throw in Scott's recruiting ties in FL, and this hire would be a home run.

Yeah. I think a few of those guys are only coming here as HC.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

“NCAA spokesperson: CFB recruiting reform package approved by NCAA Division I Council. Effective date for 10th FBS assistant is 1/9/18.” You mean in addition to this one?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
“NCAA spokesperson: CFB recruiting reform package approved by NCAA Division I Council. Effective date for 10th FBS assistant is 1/9/18.” You mean in addition to this one?
Yeah. They were bandying it about. There was even talk of getting rid of any number of coaches, since it’s all being broken to a certain extent with QAs.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah. They were bandying it about. There was even talk of getting rid of any number of coaches, since it’s all being broken to a certain extent with QAs.
It’s really a bunch of silly semantics the NCAA should have steered clear of long ago. It’s not too late and, assuming they’re not too stupid to see where CFB is going, they can still fix it. Will they? I kinda doubt it.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully it's someone off this list and not some of these names our beloved retarded members are throwing around.

You just linked an article to IAKOW and then have the nerve to call some of our board members “beloved retarded members?”

Obviously I know you aren’t referring to me of course, but im going to take offense for those like @URGatorBait and @Durty South Swamp that you’re so clearly referencing. Cmon man

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You just linked an article to IAKOW and then have the nerve to call some of our board members “beloved retarded members?”

Obviously I know you aren’t referring to me of course, but im going to take offense for those like @URGatorBait and @Durty South Swamp that you’re so clearly referencing. Cmon man
It's true I'm retarded, but I haven't suggested any names. Only said Egor and his joe Brady hardon is stupid and there are much better options.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It's true that Durty is retarded.
That's it. No other comment

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Can't remember all the guilty parties but anyone who said Steve Spurrier, Steve Spurrier Jr., Fat Charlie, young Fat Charlie, Kerwin Bell or anyone related to him or anyone else who's ever played QB at Florida. Joe Brady would be ok if he could bring Joe Burrow with him to play QB, if not then he's out.

But I'm fully prepared for it to be Russ Calloway, there were rumors of Sling blade attempting to get Jeff Scott last year but evidently he didn't wanna come. I'm assuming he had intentions of turning over play calling duties for 2024 regardless, that's why he was trying to bring in Jeff Scott last year to get him ready. Since he hired Calloway instead I believe it's his job next year.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Some people on Twitter mentioned Kade Bell as a possibility, don’t know much about him other than he’s Kerwin’s son.
He does have the advantages of having coached at a school I’ve never heard of (Tusculum) in a conference I’ve never heard of (South Atlantic) and won a championship in a season I’ve never heard of (spring football.)

BUT the Western Carolina Catamounts lead the FCS in total offense.

He may well be a promising young coach, and I think a ton of his dad, but he has minimal experience with a struggling, G6 D1 program - USF. Does that matter as much as I think it does?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
He does have the advantages of having coached at a school I’ve never heard of (Tusculum) in a conference I’ve never heard of (South Atlantic) and won a championship in a season I’ve never heard of (spring football.)

BUT the Western Carolina Catamounts lead the FCS in total offense.

He may well be a promising young coach, and I think a ton of his dad, but he has minimal experience with a struggling, G6 D1 program - USF. Does that matter as much as I think it does?

Doesn’t seem to matter on Twitter. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator